++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > The Bands & The Music > Creed Talk
Today's Posts «

Old 11-30-2003, 01:05 PM   #1
creedwisdom
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
i'm a newbie here, but shared on the other boards, and thought i might find some comfort here...no harm intended.

the board has been difficult for me the past few days, i love you guys, but all the pointing fingers and placing blame has no place here, and helps nothing. i respect so much the fact that you have heard everyone out, and remained welcoming and civilized you are truly a family, and i hope you will feel the spirit i mean by this post

i have been reading a wonderful book by Beth Moore about the life of David.

Speaking of David, i cannot help but be reminded of Stapp. in so many ways, he is a "David" to me....an artist and a warrior, so courageous and centered, a "man after God's own heart", and yet so vulnerable and plagued by his own demons. David was hunted by saul for so long, and saul wanted nothing more than to kill him, yet it was david who soothed saul with his music, and when david had the opportunity to kill saul, he instead granted mercy. all the slag, at least from some, seems aimed at stapp. he has made poor choices, sinned, and had massive judgment failures, but he, like us all, needs mercy and a little respect. for all the discussion of his ego, stapp has never portrayed CREED as a "me" thing, but instead put everything in terms of "the band". i choose to believe that the time apart is a positive thing, to allow some reflection and pursuit of individual goals and interests--lots of bands do this, and i think many more could avoid totally disbanding if they did take individual time while still being part of a band. i have to say, though, that i am upset by mark's comments, not at all because of what he is doing, but because he seems to be the one "breaking ranks". mark is an amazing talent, and he lives to play--you know i've called him CREED's Gibraltar--but he seems to have lost his awareness that CREED is more than 3 talented people. stapp expressed that so beautifully, i felt, in the Sep locker room interview--they represent a feeling and a force for good together that none of them can achieve separately. without mark's power, scott's message loses impact, and as talented as mark is, he was not exactly setting the rock world on fire until scott & he fused their talents. i love mark, but it would be difficult for me to connect with music with no spiritual focus. the message is what makes CREED music for me. it may sound kooky to some, but i really feel their music was ordained for my life, and apparently for many, many more, too. CREED music brings hope, power, and transformation to my life in so many ways...it is always there, and part of the reason it reaches within my soul is that i know stapp has felt exactly the same sense of isolation, humiliation, degradation....i could go on....the grace of God literally is all i have at times to get me through, CREED and you all are a big expression of Grace

i just pray that when time comes for them to join again, past hurts can be forgotten, so the anointing of the muse can fall once more, producing some amazing music. if reunion cannot happen, i pray God will show and lead them down His paths for their lives. the place and influence their gifts have in my life will never change. CREED will always be somewhere in my cd player!

Blessings, Tresa
Old 11-30-2003, 01:17 PM   #2
creedsister
USER INFO »
I Dont know Who You Are creedwisdom,,But i love you,,i could,t have set it better,,my self,,you are a wise person,,it seems,,im glad i got to post to your thread first,,,Rock on,,,CLAP CLAP CLAP CAP CLAP,,,,,,,,,
Hush child I,ll tell you why you have Loved Me when you were weak you have given me unselfishly Kept you From Falling Falling everywhere But Your Kness you set me free to live my life you become my Reason To Survive The Great Divide you Set Me Free Ooh Our Love Is Beautiful Ooh isn,t This Beautiful Child It Seems You Have Been My Everything
Old 11-30-2003, 01:44 PM   #3
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Welcome, creedwisdom! This really is a nice group of people.
Old 11-30-2003, 02:34 PM   #4
velocityidp
USER INFO »
Hi creedwisdom, welcome.

The only thing I'd say at this point is that I share your dissapointment in the "breakup." I'd also have to say that Creed isn't a Christian band! It's a common misperception.
By the words of men who have no ground

Can't sleep beneath the trees of wisdom
When your axe has cut the roots that feed them
Forked tongues in bitter mouths
Can drive a man to bleed from inside out

- "What If", Creed
Old 11-30-2003, 02:49 PM   #5
Bridge of Clay
USER INFO »
Hey newbie, pay attention:

why are you blaming Mark? You don't know what happened. We don't know what happened.

You seem to read the bible. Just remember the part where we aren't supposed to judge anyone, so others won't judge us.

Sorry, but your post is crap to me. But welcome to the board.
Old 11-30-2003, 03:17 PM   #6
Sheila63
USER INFO »
<!--QuoteBegin-creedwisdom+11-30-2003 01:05 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (creedwisdom @ 11-30-2003 01:05 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> CREED music brings hope, power, and transformation to my life in so many ways....CREED will always be somewhere in my cd player!

[/b][/quote]
Welcome to CreedFeed, creedwisdom.

Creed's muisc does the same for me.

Relearn Love
Old 11-30-2003, 06:42 PM   #7
creedwisdom
USER INFO »
thanks, creedsister and shiela, for the kind words, and thanks to all for the welcome.....

i realize CREED is not a Christian band...i was expressing their spiritual meaning and faith parallels for my life, not passing them off as the band's intent.

also, i'm not blaming mark. i have nothing but admiration and respect for him. my post stated that i felt hurt by his comments because he seemed to be "breaking ranks" if the comments are true, especially considering he gave no indication of such things during his last, most recent radio interview....of course, no one but scott, mark, and flip know just what is happening. i want only the best for them all. i just want some respect and forgiveness thrown stapp's way, too.

blessings to all,
Old 11-30-2003, 06:46 PM   #8
Marty
USER INFO »
<!--QuoteBegin-creedsister+11-30-2003 12:17 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (creedsister @ 11-30-2003 12:17 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> I Dont know Who You Are creedwisdom,,But i love you,,i could,t have set it better,,my self,,you are a wise person,,it seems,,im glad i got to post to your thread first,,,Rock on,,,CLAP CLAP CLAP CAP CLAP,,,,,,,,, [/b][/quote]
<---Is tired of all the stupid commas.

Sorry to be the negitivity in light of the postive.
Old 11-30-2003, 06:53 PM   #9
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Quote: if the comments are true...

This is the key phrase, and until then, we all should stop speculating about who is to blame. Sorry, don't mean to be negative, but there have been a lot bad feelings here and elsewhere because of a situation for which we don't have the full story.
Old 11-30-2003, 06:55 PM   #10
Creed_Defaultgirl
USER INFO »
I can see where you're comeing from. But right now, I think I'm just going to forget about everything that has been going on. Until windup sends me an e-mail, and it is in my box, and I open it up and read it, everything hasn't happened! If I treat this like it isn't a dream, I wouldn't do well in school, and I really don't want to be depressed all the time! Oh, welcome to the board Creedwisdom. You can just call me Saxon, if you want, I understand that Creed_Defaultgirl is rather long!
"...My beaten heart is in your hands, What I really need is shelter, And a chance to relearn love, Teach me all over, All over to relearn love, Show me again, So I can relearn love, The comfort of your arms around me, Your tender hands caress my head, I lay beside you, I'm not worthy..."
Relearn Love~Scott Stapp
Old 11-30-2003, 07:07 PM   #11
creedwisdom
USER INFO »
agreed dogstar! hi Saxon!
Old 11-30-2003, 07:11 PM   #12
hide
USER INFO »
the key phrase is "if its true", of which I severly doubt they are. We know nothing really and too many people are pretending that they know what is going on. It would be good if we knew what is going on but we just have to wait. As for Stapp's spirtual lyrics I initially thought they were a christian band, quickly found out the truth but those lyrics still are something else. Mark and Scott's solo albums will be good but they need to come together again because Scott is a great writer and singer but he can't play guitar 1/100th as well as Mark.
Old 11-30-2003, 07:34 PM   #13
creedsister
USER INFO »
<!--QuoteBegin-creedwisdom+11-30-2003 06:42 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (creedwisdom @ 11-30-2003 06:42 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> thanks, creedsister and shiela, for the kind words, and thanks to all for the welcome.....

i realize CREED is not a Christian band...i was expressing their spiritual meaning and faith parallels for my life, not passing them off as the band's intent.

also, i'm not blaming mark. i have nothing but admiration and respect for him. my post stated that i felt hurt by his comments because he seemed to be "breaking ranks" if the comments are true, especially considering he gave no indication of such things during his last, most recent radio interview....of course, no one but scott, mark, and flip know just what is happening. i want only the best for them all. i just want some respect and forgiveness thrown stapp's way, too.

blessings to all, [/b][/quote]
your,,welcome,,creedwisdom,,happy posting or try anyways,,lol
Hush child I,ll tell you why you have Loved Me when you were weak you have given me unselfishly Kept you From Falling Falling everywhere But Your Kness you set me free to live my life you become my Reason To Survive The Great Divide you Set Me Free Ooh Our Love Is Beautiful Ooh isn,t This Beautiful Child It Seems You Have Been My Everything
Old 11-30-2003, 09:04 PM   #14
JulieCitySlicker
USER INFO »
Welcome creedwisdom
alone
All I know
I still got mountains to climb
on my own

Enough To Let Me Go-Switchfoot
Old 11-30-2003, 09:27 PM   #15
facelessman
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to facelessman Send a message via MSN to facelessman
welcome, newb
i also feel the same way about Creed's music, and i wont be able to replace them. i think that Mark will recieve more recognition from the rock world when he does his solo venture. as for stapp, idk.
and ive seen more guts on 11 year old kids.
Have another drink and drive yourself home
I hope theres ice on all the roads
and think of me when you forget your seatbelt
and again when your head goes through the windshield.
Seventy Times Seven- Brand new