++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > Community Central > Chat-O-Rama
Today's Posts «

Old 04-13-2005, 02:33 PM   #16
Mulletman
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Well when I said untalented I didnt mean to single out Vedder, I was just refering to the whole movie/music stars that think they are holier than thou.
Old 04-14-2005, 10:22 AM   #17
NeedforCreed
USER INFO »
They think we care more about what they say than we actually do. They need a wake up call.
Now and then I consider, my hesitation
The more the light shines through me
I pretend to close my eyes
The more the dark consumes me
I pretend I'm burning, burning bright

shinedown.com
Old 04-16-2005, 01:24 AM   #18
jango
USER INFO »
"Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the government for a redress of grievances."

Other high school dropouts:
HG Wells - British author
Jim Clark - Self-made billionaire
Andrew Jackson - US President
Ray Charles - Musician
Patrick Henry - Patriot
Philip Emeagwali - Supercomputer scientist
Kjell Inge Rokke - Self-made billionaire
Walter Nash - New Zealand Prime Minister
David Lean - Director (one of the best)
Anton van Leeuwenhoek - World's first microbiologist
Alfred E. Smith - NY Governor
Jack Kent Cooke - Self-made billionaire
Horace Greeley - Co-founder of the Republican Party
Rod McKuen - Poet
Charles Dickens
Thomas Edison
Mark Twain
Andrew Carnegie
"Nineteen hundred and forty-six. Nineteen forty-six, Mandrake. How does that coincide with your post-war Commie conspiracy, huh? It's incredibly obvious, isn't it? A foreign substance is introduced into our precious bodily fluids without the knowledge of the individual. Certainly without any choice. That's the way your hard-core Commie works."
Old 04-16-2005, 01:37 AM   #19
RMadd
USER INFO »
not to nit-pick, jango, but you omitted an important aspect of the whole first amendment deal. see, the first amendment was actually designed so that the states would be charged with legislating free speech, religion, & assembly. you neglected to mention the 14th Amendment, which makes it the federal gov't's responsibility.
additionally, would you care for me to list all great people of the past, say, 100 years, who graduated high school (and even college!), and compare that to a list of notable people (in a positive manner) who didn't make it through high school. i suspect that the former list would be longer than the latter. as is often pointed out here in the US, college grads end up making truckloads of money more over the rest of their lives.

Old 04-16-2005, 01:49 AM   #20
jango
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by RMadd) not to nit-pick, jango, but you omitted an important aspect of the whole first amendment deal. see, the first amendment was actually designed so that the states would be charged with legislating free speech, religion, & assembly. you neglected to mention the 14th Amendment, which makes it the federal gov't's responsibility.
additionally, would you care for me to list all great people of the past, say, 100 years, who graduated high school (and even college!), and compare that to a list of notable people (in a positive manner) who didn't make it through high school. i suspect that the former list would be longer than the latter. as is often pointed out here in the US, college grads end up making truckloads of money more over the rest of their lives.

No shit Sherlock. Mullet decided to point out the fact that Ed had dropped out and was consequently unworthy of making informed opinions. I was pointint out that Ed is in good company. Going to college does not guarantee success, just as not going to college does not guarantee failure.

You're trying to debate political ideology and history with a polisci major. Burden of responsibilty between branches of a federal system is entirely irrelevant to this conversation, so shut the hell up and let the big boys talk.
"Nineteen hundred and forty-six. Nineteen forty-six, Mandrake. How does that coincide with your post-war Commie conspiracy, huh? It's incredibly obvious, isn't it? A foreign substance is introduced into our precious bodily fluids without the knowledge of the individual. Certainly without any choice. That's the way your hard-core Commie works."
Old 04-16-2005, 02:07 AM   #21
RMadd
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by jango) You're trying to debate political ideology and history with a polisci major.
you're not much of a sleuth yourself, son
also, just because you've got a certain major, that doesn't make you a genius. people do still get Cs, Ds, and Fs.