++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > Community Central > Faith / Religion
Today's Posts «

Old 01-29-2004, 07:02 PM   #286
Sheila63
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Thanks for the update, Sincirr. I will continue to pray for your friend and her children.

Julie, you continue to be in my prayers too, girl.

Relearn Love
Old 01-30-2004, 04:20 PM   #287
whitebird
USER INFO »
Hello to everyone on this thread. I have taken a little break from posting, but I checked back to read your posts, and to say a prayer as requested. I think perhaps I'm hibernating here in Minnesota.

Steve, congradulations!!! I'm sure the two of you are thrilled. I'm happy for you both.

Sincirr, your friend is certainly going thru a rough time. What she does have is your love, which is so very important. Knowing that someone cares is a cushion to fall back on in her struggles. I'll say another prayer too.

Julie, a short time ago I tried to look back to the thread you started regarding your adoption, and seeking your birth Mother. I couldn't find it, so I will just say it here. Your were and are a wonderful gift of love, who was meant to be, if not for your birth Mother, then for the parents who chose you to give their love to. You always have been, and always will be special to them, and you have become special to us also. Sadness comes and goes, and happiness is all the more wonderful for having experienced the more difficult times. A prayer is comming your way, from me.
Old 01-30-2004, 04:43 PM   #288
JulieCitySlicker
USER INFO »
Thank you so much for the kind words Whitebird
alone
All I know
I still got mountains to climb
on my own

Enough To Let Me Go-Switchfoot
Old 01-30-2004, 04:52 PM   #289
JenRN
USER INFO »
Whitebird, your words are so amazing. We are lucky to have you here. What you said about sadness comes and goes, and hapiness is all the more wonderful after experiencing the more difficult times. This is what I wish for me, it seems all I know is sadness anymore, can't wait for the happiness to come.

~Lenny Kravitz
"Baptized"
Old 01-30-2004, 04:56 PM   #290
JulieCitySlicker
USER INFO »
I'm waiting for that happiness to come to Jen
alone
All I know
I still got mountains to climb
on my own

Enough To Let Me Go-Switchfoot
Old 01-31-2004, 01:52 PM   #291
whitebird
USER INFO »
Thank you Jen, I have learned alot of lessons in my time, so I can with all honesty say I speak from experience. If I could, I would send some positive experiences your way, as it is, the directions that our lives take follow a path only God knows. Even though in your case I wish he/she would hurry things up a bit, you deserve some happiness.

Julie girl, your time will come too, just don't give up hope. Sometimes I think the winter months are the hardest on us. We do not get out and get enough sunshine. It effects our moods, and our relationships with others. Spring seems a time to start over, and again grow. Perhaps as our bodies are tied to the sun and the phases of the moon, winter is the down time for us.
Old 01-31-2004, 06:52 PM   #292
Sheila63
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by whitebird) Sadness comes and goes, and happiness is all the more wonderful for having experienced the more difficult times.

It's wonderful to see you here again, whitebird and as usual, you have wonderful words of wisdom. You're so right about how sadness comes and goes in our lives, unfortunately sometimes the times of sadness are long. But after working through the sadness, the happiness on the other side is so great. I've experienced it myself. Have I had sad times since feeling that happiness? Yes, but fortunately, the sadness does go away. Jen and Julie, you will experience that happiness, I truly believe that.

Relearn Love
Old 02-04-2004, 09:20 AM   #293
SCOTTSMYMAN
USER INFO »
whitebird so glad to see you again. I hope things are doing better for you. Thank you for your words to Steve. We have been waiting for this for so long I never thought it would happen.

Quote: (Originally Posted by whitebird) Sadness comes and goes, and happiness is all the more wonderful for having experienced the more difficult times.

I can't begin to tell you how sadness as been in abundance in my life right now. Just remember that just because you have someone in your life doesn't always mean you are happy. There have been some real hard times here lately and I have to look for the joy in my children's eyes just to get through the day sometimes. You have always had a way of saying just the right thing to help soemone feel a little bit better, I have missed you on here because of that.

To Jen and Julie to you both. I know I've said it before but things do get better. Even though it sometimes is hard to find, happiness is around you , you just have to find it in the right place!

"I'm not like the girls that you've known
But I believe I'm worth coming home to
Kiss away night
This girl only sleeps with butterflies "
Old 02-04-2004, 12:45 PM   #294
TeriB19
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by SCOTTSMYMAN) Just remember that just because you have someone in your life doesn't always mean you are happy.

Those words should be written in stone and handed to every woman when she turns 16!!!!! They are the truest words ever written.

Welcome back whitebird, your presence here was missed. Hope you'll hang out with us more.

SP: Actually, we are setting that up.

MT: It was in your contract when you signed up with us.

Old 02-04-2004, 01:46 PM   #295
whitebird
USER INFO »
Kris, Sometimes our lives are like icebergs. Only a small part shows it self above the waters beautiful and sparkling for the world to see, the greater part being hidden beneath the surface, the depths extending into darkness. Each of us has the darkness and despair within that we do not always show to the world. We endure until it seems that our spirits have shriveled and died. Then, when we think that we can stand no more, sunbeams extend into our depths to dispel the gloom, and we find that what we have perceived as our breaking moments have truly been the basis for our greatest spiritual gains. Our strengths formed upon the cold underbelly of reality.

I do understand what you are feeling, even though the situations vary between our lives. Sometimes it takes what seems like forever to reach the new direction that our lives will take. Never stop looking into the eyes of your children, and finding your happiness, their beautiful little spirits shine. Live each day, helping them toward happiness and knowledge. And if you fall to you knees along the way, that's OK, we all do.

Just as I did, suddenly you will find that your life has taken other turns, and sadness will fade. You just may be surprised at where life has taken you!
Old 02-04-2004, 01:53 PM   #296
whitebird
USER INFO »
Thank you everyone for the kind words, and the welcome back.

I would like to ask a favor. I'm having surgery on Friday, and I'm a little nervous. Nothing major, but I could use a little strength sent my way. Would you perhaps include me in your prayers?
Old 02-04-2004, 01:56 PM   #297
SCOTTSMYMAN
USER INFO »
THANK YOU, whitebird. Now that I'm in tears My children are the fire and spirit in my life. They are the ones that no matter what , keep me going on. They make sure I get out of bed every day! (literally ) Your beautiful words have once again helped me understand the light that shines through my window every morning is the beginning of another day to make my life the best it can be. I'm one of those people who can always try to comfort and support others while I ignore my own feelings of desperation. I'm good at it. Things are getting better with each day, it's just some days I feel lost. Luckily, today is a good day.

Kiss away night
Old 02-04-2004, 01:57 PM   #298
SCOTTSMYMAN
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by whitebird) Thank you everyone for the kind words, and the welcome back.

I would like to ask a favor. I'm having surgery on Friday, and I'm a little nervous. Nothing major, but I could use a little strength sent my way. Would you perhaps include me in your prayers?

You are always in my prayers. Be thinking of you that day and sending postive vibes your way.

Kiss away night
Old 02-04-2004, 08:50 PM   #299
Sheila63
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by SCOTTSMYMAN) I can't begin to tell you how sadness as been in abundance in my life right now. Just remember that just because you have someone in your life doesn't always mean you are happy. There have been some real hard times here lately and I have to look for the joy in my children's eyes just to get through the day sometimes.

I have tears in my eyes right now after reading your last few posts, Kris and whitebird. Kris, I'm so sorry your going through a difficult time right now. I'm happy that you have your two girls to bring you some joy. What you stated about is so true. Although I've been alone for awhile, I realize that just because someone is in my life, doesn't mean I'll be happy. I've learned over the years that I can't depend on someone else to make me happy. I have to find peace and contentment within myself. I hope life gets better for you soon.

whitebird, all of my friends here, including you, are always in my prayers but I will say a special one for you on Friday. I hope everything goes well and wish you a speedy recovery. Please let us know how you're doing when you feel up to it.

Relearn Love
Old 02-04-2004, 09:54 PM   #300
WeatheredWoman
USER INFO »
Kris I feel so for you... hope that everything turns out for the BEST for you and Steve... it hits me hard when I read this. You both deserve true happiness in life... and so much more!!!

Yes, I've got tears in my eyes too after reading all the last posts.
I'm overwhelmed by mixed emotions... sadness, disappointment in life and on the other side the extreme beauty of the positive energy of the people of this board!
You guys keep surprising me with that warmth, that depth! It leaves me, time and time again, speechless... and make me think about a lot of issues!

You're all soooo great personalities! So sincere...

I love to say so much to all of you... but words aren't enough to express how I feel right now.

Thnx for lettin' me experience this!

Souls...
they float like the memories I've opened,
Go...
and kiss all the butterflies I've broken,
Sow...
their wings to the coat of my misfortune,
Grow...
to reach the plains only I have spoken...

The Path ~by~ ManMade God