++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > The Bands & The Music > Alter Bridge Talk
Today's Posts «

Old 10-01-2008, 08:13 PM   #1
J-Man
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
New Alter Bridge Video!!!

It was posted that the Watch Over You video was picked up by VH1's show called Celebrity Rehab it's on their blog on myspace. www.myspace.com/alterbridge

Here's the actual video and it's AWESOME!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ORS0SLk78rE
Old 10-01-2008, 08:27 PM   #2
nagpo
USER INFO »
Re: New Alter Bridge Video!!!

good song....but the music vid doesnt seem that inspired.
Old 10-02-2008, 02:23 PM   #3
TheGreatDivide
USER INFO »

I agree with J-Man, it shows that we all someone looking over us. I'm impressed. And on side note, Flip with long hair is funny. First Myles, then Brian and now Flip.. Mark should follow the trend.
I swear I still believe though I don't know - Words Darker Then Their Wings
Old 10-02-2008, 10:00 PM   #4
nagpo
USER INFO »

mark is fine....he already has a history of bad haircuts....now he has a decent one, let it be.
Old 10-02-2008, 10:48 PM   #5
TeriB19
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »

Holy crap I didn't even recognize Flip!!! Wow! I like Brian's short hair again and Mark looked great, very relaxed. Thanks for the video!!

SP: Actually, we are setting that up.

MT: It was in your contract when you signed up with us.

Old 10-03-2008, 07:28 PM   #6
Agent D
USER INFO »

So why are the clips from that VH1 show in it? Does the real video have them in it?
Old 10-05-2008, 11:14 AM   #7
TrulyAmazing
Banned
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by nagpo) good song....but the music vid doesnt seem that inspired.
the 80,s are long gone my friend we have,nt seen big inspired videos in long time but a video is up great song what would have inspired you my friend
Old 10-07-2008, 07:50 PM   #8
nagpo
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by TrulyAmazing) the 80,s are long gone my friend we have,nt seen big inspired videos in long time but a video is up great song what would have inspired you my friend
maybe something that relates to the song....not just them singing.
Old 10-08-2008, 12:46 PM   #9
J-Man
USER INFO »

VH1 approached AB to make this video specifically for their Celebrity Rehab show. The song itself is about caring or loving someone with an addiction and wanting to help the person pull through it, but if that person doesn't want the help, loved ones either get pushed away, or tend to leave as they've given up hope as it is hard to watch the person you care for suffer. VH1 was smart enough to know what the song was about and therefore the song itself completely fits the theme of the show.
Old 10-08-2008, 01:55 PM   #10
Agent D
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by J-Man) VH1 approached AB to make this video specifically for their Celebrity Rehab show. The song itself is about caring or loving someone with an addiction and wanting to help the person pull through it, but if that person doesn't want the help, loved ones either get pushed away, or tend to leave as they've given up hope as it is hard to watch the person you care for suffer. VH1 was smart enough to know what the song was about and therefore the song itself completely fits the theme of the show.

Just so long as it serves as a commercial for one of their crappy shows.
Old 10-08-2008, 02:31 PM   #11
J-Man
USER INFO »

The show itself is about the hardships of overcoming addictions, so being the compassionate person that I am, I can't say that the show is "crappy". Life's lessons are shown on this show so that people are aware of what drugs and alcohol can do to a person and to the people who love them. Lastly, it serves to be much more than a "commercial", the video is on VH1's heavy music video rotation, meaning it will be played a lot, which is great for the band. I can see Alter Bridge becoming a household name.

Last edited by J-Man : 10-08-2008 at 02:39 PM.
Old 10-08-2008, 02:40 PM   #12
Agent D
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by J-Man) The show itself is about the hardships of overcoming addictions, so being the compassionate person that I am, I can't say that the show is "crappy". Life's lessons are shown on this show so that people are aware of what drugs and alcohol can do to a person and to the people who love them. Lastly, it serves to be much more than a "commercial", the video is on VH1's heavy music video rotation, meaning it will be played a lot, which is great for the band. I can see Alter Bridge becoming a household name.

When VH1 decides to show music videos that is. Anyway, I didn't ask for the lecture. I'd just like to see something more original than them singing, set to clips from a tv series.
Old 10-08-2008, 03:01 PM   #13
J-Man
USER INFO »

It was said that VH1 will play the video 35 times a week, so apparently VH1 does play music videos. Next, I wasn't lecturing you, I was informing you. There's a difference, but I understand where you are coming from in regards to music videos.
Old 10-08-2008, 03:15 PM   #14
Agent D
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by J-Man) It was said that VH1 will play the video 35 times a week, so apparently VH1 does play music videos. Next, I wasn't lecturing you, I was informing you. There's a difference, but I understand where you are coming from in regards to music videos.

35 times doesn't seem like a lot on a channel that once showed videos 24/7 but those days are long gone I suppose. But hey, as you said before, at least it's exposure for the band.
Old 10-08-2008, 08:28 PM   #15
TrulyAmazing
Banned
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by nagpo) maybe something that relates to the song....not just them singing.
nobody can really Aford High budget videos anymore i really dont have time to get into this topic but you know some what were im coming from unless you have Fan Base Trl its really pointless to bother vison cost i find it greatfull that AB is getting Aired On VH1 and getting a lot of support from theme so im not going complaine by no means Lets All Just Be Thankfull And whatchfull and enjoy the video and close your eyes and just visualize bigger