++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > The Bands & The Music > Creed Talk
Today's Posts «

Old 12-08-2002, 11:33 PM   #31
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Ok, I'm going to rant. I apologize in advance if I tick anybody off. The more I think about the title of this thread, the more it bothers me. Please don't misunderstand; I'm not taking issue with the person who started it. It's just an observation.

Why is it that we hold celebrities or idols to much higher standards than we would others not in the public eye? It shouldn't be such a big deal if Scott cusses, gets drunk or gains a few pounds. It happens to a lot of people. I don't think Creed should be expected to be saintly, no matter what image of themselves they have tried to create for the fans. This whole rock-star mystique is a bunch of hooey. They are not gods, they are not perfect, they shouldn't be put on a pedestal. They are human, just like you and me.

Most of us want the same things in life: Fulfilling relationships with family and friends, a rewarding job perhaps, and just overall happiness. They have ups and downs as the rest of us do, and because they are human they might not always handle them in the best of ways. If Scott isn't handling his troubles well, so be it. I certainly understand the concern we all have for him and the band and the discussion of such. But I think it's really unfair to speculate on his supposed abuse of substances unless we personally saw him downing a fifth, shooting up, or snorting cocaine.

Sorry, I just had to get that off my chest. I must have gotten up on the wrong side of the bed today!
Old 12-08-2002, 11:39 PM   #32
creedfan47a
USER INFO »
That's quite alright Dogstar. I know that certain singers or movie stars that I like get put on a pedestal, then I get disappointed when they do something human!! It is very easy to idolise people when all you see is the public side of them - when they are doing their best to keep up appearances. But like someone else on this or another thread said, they all have bad days just like the rest of us. I personally do not believe a word about Creed doing drugs, and I never will, unless it comes directly from them. With the problems Scott has been having lately, what he and the guys need is support from their fans, not hasty judgments.
Old 12-08-2002, 11:42 PM   #33
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Yes, support is definitely what they need! They have mine.
Old 12-08-2002, 11:46 PM   #34
hotforscott
USER INFO »
I don't feel that should tick anyone off, you are absolutely right! For some reason things are made a big deal because celebrities do them. I could care less if they drink or cuss. Shit, I might go get a beer right now.

I don't think everyone sees it the way we do, there are a lot of hipocrits out there.
Old 12-08-2002, 11:51 PM   #35
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Shit, I might go get a beer right now.

LMAO, hotforscott.
Old 12-08-2002, 11:53 PM   #36
creedfan47a
USER INFO »
Quote: Originally posted by hotforscott
Shit, I might go get a beer right now.

:lol: If I wasn't at work, I might do the same.

I don't think everyone sees it the way we do, there are a lot of hipocrits out there.

Yeah, some people are very quick to judge when someone does the slightest thing wrong. But this is what separates us TRUE CREED FANS from the rest - we will stick by them no matter what is written about them or what silly human things they do.
Old 12-08-2002, 11:56 PM   #37
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Quote: Originally posted by creedfan47a
I personally do not believe a word about Creed doing drugs, and I never will, unless it comes directly from them.  With the problems Scott has been having lately, what he and the guys need is support from their fans, not hasty judgments.

I guess all the stuff I have seen on other sites, the pics, the accusations....it just got to me. I'm not naive enough to think they don't do that stuff, but people should be thinking of ways they can help, not hurt.
Old 12-09-2002, 12:09 AM   #38
hotforscott
USER INFO »
you are so right. thy should be thinking more of the positive. a lot of people just get off on other peoples drama or pain. it's sad, but true.
Old 12-09-2002, 02:21 PM   #39
hiknman
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to hiknman Send a message via Yahoo to hiknman
If I could have 2 girls in the shower with me everytime I got off work, I would be quite satisfied!--------------------Go Scott

P.S. send me some pointers on how you get the 2 girls!
Old 12-09-2002, 02:37 PM   #40
tngalluvscreed
USER INFO »
Can anyone tell me how to look at the pics from the show. Every site I've been to only show a white box with a red X for the pics. Can someone please help me out? I am anxious to see the pics everyone has been talking about. When you love someone they never look bad in your eyes. We all have bad days. Looks are only a tiny little piece of the puzzle. The whole package far more outweighs the minor things. I'm behind them all the way.
Old 12-09-2002, 05:41 PM   #41
PassionFollower
USER INFO »
i know, i don't think they could either. they are just so great. the things they say in their songs, at shows and the organizations that they are involved in say so much more to me then anything I read. Nothing could change that. People that do what they do, and have such passion for the things that they do, have to unwind like everybody else, i don't care what they decide to do let loose. They are good people and it shows in their accomplishments.

you took the words right out of my mouth!

all the info that we get is second hand and alwas has a slant on it, one way or the other. and you certainly cannot trust everything you read!

What if your words could be judged like a crime?

We all live under the reign of one king.

I still believe there's something left for you and me!