++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > The Bands & The Music > Creed Talk
Today's Posts «

Old 12-01-2002, 11:06 AM   #16
shane
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
by making friends with the security people has anyone ever met the band or has been able to go back stage?
Old 12-01-2002, 11:26 AM   #17
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Not yet.
Old 12-01-2002, 12:20 PM   #18
hotforscott
USER INFO »
Quote: Originally posted by Dogstar
Not yet.

You know what's messed up, the last concert I went to on 9-22-02, I saw a security guy up by the catwalk that looked reall familiar and I was like, who is that guy, i finally remembered he is in the same nat'l guard unit as my husband. i was determined to get over there, but couldn't, people were not budging because that is not where I had been all night, they are usually good about letting the same people back in. anyway, i couldn't get over to him. after the concert i told my husband and he called the guy up and said, my wife is a huge creed fan, she likes that lead singer, and he was like, scott is cool, she should have come up to me, i could have gotten her backstage. i was trippin'. i will be looking for him at the next concert here in town because he's worked there since it opened and will more then likely be there. the part that made me the most mad, is that since my husband manages a papa johns here in town, they fed the entire crew and band after the show and he didn't even call me to deliver it, he let one of his regular drivers go and they met the band as well. i missed 2 opportunities in one night. needless to say after the pizza incident, i didn't speak to my hubby for a few days.
Old 12-01-2002, 12:52 PM   #19
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Oh, man, that stinks, hotforscott! I'd have been a tad mad, too. Maybe he just didn't want Scott to carry you away!
Old 12-01-2002, 12:56 PM   #20
TeriB19
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Had that been my husband I'd have kicked his sorry butt.

SP: Actually, we are setting that up.

MT: It was in your contract when you signed up with us.

Old 12-01-2002, 01:10 PM   #21
hotforscott
USER INFO »
he said he didn't know the driver would really get to meet them, buy still yet, there was that possibility. i was sooooooo mad. that is why he is paying about 800 for me to go to chicago to see creed for christmas, he feels guilty......ha ha!
Old 12-01-2002, 01:17 PM   #22
hotforscott
USER INFO »
Quote: Originally posted by Dogstar
Oh,  man, that stinks, hotforscott! I'd have been a tad mad, too. Maybe he just didn't want Scott to carry you away!

probably so, i was so mad though because the order for the guys pizzas was placed earlier that day and he knew all about it. i mean, to not even mention it to me blew my mind. he has worked at papa johns since 93 so he's there to stay and i am gonna tell him next year that he needs to give them free pizzas so they won't go anywhere else for food and i will take them to them after the show. i also need to hook up with his national guard friend before the show as well, like have him meet me somewhere and get me in quickly.
Old 12-01-2002, 03:47 PM   #23
DangerousDan85
USER INFO »
I wish I had some connections
And yet I fight
This battle all alone
No one to cry to
No place to call home

Alice in Chains- Nutshell
Old 12-01-2002, 03:49 PM   #24
DangerousDan85
USER INFO »
Quote: Originally posted by TeriB19
Bring a cup.

No, seriously, as long as you are with a friend or make friends with the people in line with you, they will usually hold your spot because they'll have been in line with you all day. At Ft. Wayne we were lucky, because even though we were outside the better part of the day, the venue was open for other, smaller events, so we could basically go in and out as often as we liked. Have to admit, that was a nice venue.

yeah I would have someone to hold my spot.
And yet I fight
This battle all alone
No one to cry to
No place to call home

Old 12-01-2002, 04:07 PM   #25
hotforscott
USER INFO »
Quote: Originally posted by DangerousDan85

you should come, aren't you the one who is moving to jackson. it's not that far, you should come with us next time they come to little rock.
Old 12-01-2002, 05:07 PM   #26
Unforgiven Fan
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to Unforgiven Fan Send a message via Yahoo to Unforgiven Fan
Quote: Originally posted by Mulletman
<b>two words.... Brian Marshall.

when i was growing up i was brought up on classical music, chopin. mozart, amadues, vivaldi, etc.... i was deprived of modern rock. i was raised on the piano and the voilin. which i love, but my parents took it a bit too far.... one of the very first rock songs i heard was torn. when i heard the bass riffs i knew that what i wanted to do. so naturally i wnt out and bought brian's fender bass. never cared for stapp, im partial with flip, marks good, but brian was the one that influenced my musical life. so when brian left i was super fucking pissed! i brought a sign in the first time i saw creed saying "bring back brian". bastards never let me bring it in..... but i guess its brett i have to look up to now... but yea, im prolly the only one here that actually admires brian this much. </b>

yeah brain's playing was also one of the reasons. I was use to hearing the guitars, from listening to country music and some pop, but when I heard brian playing the bass it was just awesome that he brought bass to the forefront and he was a great bass player and I want him back to because he helped make Creed Creed.
Old 12-01-2002, 06:00 PM   #27
krzycreedbabe
USER INFO »
oh man guys...before i say how i became a creed fan let me just say that i love creed with all my heart and im a very big fan!!

ok...with that said....lol...i first heard Higher on radio and stuff and i liked the song but i had no idea who it was by, it wasnt one of my FAV songs but i liked it...then WAWO came out, i first heard the song by seeing the video..at the time i was watchin music channels alot so i saw the video a lot and umm (dont kill me please) i started out making fun of creed--mostly scotts voice (ahh im so ashamed) and but then like WAWO became a joke between me n my dad and after a while making fun of the song, we learned all the words and every time it came on wed be liek AHH ITS OUR SONG! haha but anywho...after like 2 or 3 months...i decided i liked it and started becoming a fan and then when My Sacrifice came out on the radio i was like ok im gettin the CD...so my dad got me Weathered for Xmas that yr (the xmas right after it came out) and then i got HC and then a cpl months ago i made my dad take me to music stores to get MOP ... god we had the hardest time findin a copy of MOP..now i see it everywhere haha oh well at least i got it....but yep thats how i became a huge creed fan..very strange, yes..

www.evanescence.com - check em out!
Old 12-01-2002, 07:38 PM   #28
JenRN
USER INFO »
For me it was in the VERY beginning!!! I heard Creed in 97 on a "not so popular radio station, and I was BLOWN AWAY!!! I thought I have to know who this is and get it PRONTO!!!!! There music really did not get popular until 98 or so but for me it was MOP and TORN that got me hooked! I love them for countless reasons, their lyrics and music just make me feel good, I can relate to Scott's lyrics in the first album especially because of being raised similar to him, in a VERY religious background, almost identical to his. I am 8 months older than him and grew up listenining to the same music like him U2, Def Leppard etc... and I was always searching for something better, and BAM they were it, it hit me like a brick wall the first time I heard them! They are such a total package! Great guys, awesome music, thier own charity and the most for me is the passionate lyrics, AHHHHH I couls go on and on! The 4 concerts I went to this year made me a Creed addict to the gill!!!! They can do no wrong in my eyes!

~Lenny Kravitz
"Baptized"
Old 12-01-2002, 10:15 PM   #29
Bridge of Clay
USER INFO »
Quote: Originally posted by DangerousDan85

I bet you´re the only one!
hehehehe
Old 12-01-2002, 11:27 PM   #30
DangerousDan85
USER INFO »
Quote: Originally posted by hotforscott
you should come, aren't you the one who is moving to jackson. it's not that far, you should come with us next time they come to little rock.

yeah that would be fun
And yet I fight
This battle all alone
No one to cry to
No place to call home