++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > The Bands & The Music > Creed Talk
Today's Posts «

Old 01-10-2003, 08:31 AM   #136
Siana
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Contact:  Send a message via ICQ to Siana Send a message via Skype to Siana
What brought me to become a Creed fan???The answer is very simple-their music!
Old 01-10-2003, 05:26 PM   #137
Yvonne
USER INFO »
Can't remember the year Human Clay was released.....but I heard "Higher" and fell in love with Scott's voice, and the music was unbelievable. After hearing the song a couple of times the words were just.........just.......I can't really describe it.....I guess for the lack of a better word, the words were "touching"

Scott Stapp's voice is one of tremendous beauty!!!!!!! I thought no one on this earth could touch the voice of "Prince" until I heard Scott's.

Yvonne :-)
Old 01-10-2003, 10:41 PM   #138
Skipper
USER INFO »
A lot of nice stories here.
Old 01-10-2003, 11:13 PM   #139
musicsaves
USER INFO »
the music-i was just starting to get into guitar at the same time What If was on the radio. I also like how Mark mad higher which is really a pop song sound so rock-like and was able to force rock into pop like that.
Also, my first concert was DFP and I really respected the way they came out and handled the situation. It was really late when then came on and I was tired and hungover, but they could still create so much energy and empowerment.
...The boy could play he knew how to move, everything, so sweet and tru, always wanting more he'd leave you longing for, black velvet and that little boy's smile, black velvet and that slow southern style, a knew religion that will bring you to your knees, black velvet, if you please.
Old 01-10-2003, 11:15 PM   #140
TeriB19
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Musicsaves, what is DFP?

SP: Actually, we are setting that up.

MT: It was in your contract when you signed up with us.

Old 01-11-2003, 01:48 AM   #141
PaulMcCoygirl
USER INFO »
Yeah who is DFP?

---------------------------------------------------

Somewhere there's someone who dreams of your smile,
and finds in your presence that life is worth while.
So when you are lonely, remember it's true
Somebody somewhere is thinking of you
Old 01-11-2003, 04:33 PM   #142
musicsaves
USER INFO »
PaulMcCoygirl- it's the abbrv. for Dysfunctional Family Picnic, the annual sumer concert sponsered by K-rock in NYC. The one creed preformed at was 4.0 in 2000 at PNC in NJ. If was the one were his "fight" with Fred Durst started.....
...The boy could play he knew how to move, everything, so sweet and tru, always wanting more he'd leave you longing for, black velvet and that little boy's smile, black velvet and that slow southern style, a knew religion that will bring you to your knees, black velvet, if you please.
Old 01-11-2003, 05:32 PM   #143
Kim V.
USER INFO »
Yvonne, I'd have to agree w/ you - when I heard the music and Scott's voice, I was like, OMG, it's like he sings right to your soul, touching it like no other artist around!! I loaned one of my Creed CD's to a guy at work just so he could have a listen and his critique was, "I didn't really care for it; he sounds like Pearl Jam's singer". And I was like, no way, Scott's SO MUCH more talented than him - his voice can go from soft and touching to rockin' hard with such clarity, no shakiness, etc. Scott was given such a gift with that voice, and I'm so glad he shares that gift with us! Then you couple that with Mark's genius on guitar, and Flip's rockin' beat - WHEW! What's not to love?? :band:

If there's one thing I hope I showed you... Just Give Love To All

Next Time I See This Face, I'll Say I Choose To Live For Always....So Won't You Come Inside and Never Go Away

There's Still Time...All That Has Been Devastated Can Be Recreated.....Realize, We Pick Up The Broken Pieces Of Our Lives, Giving Ourselves to Each Other, to Rest Our Head On
Old 01-12-2003, 01:11 AM   #144
PaulMcCoygirl
USER INFO »
Quote: Originally posted by musicsaves
<b>PaulMcCoygirl- it's the abbrv. for Dysfunctional Family Picnic, the annual sumer concert sponsered by K-rock in NYC. The one creed preformed at was 4.0 in 2000 at PNC in NJ. If was the one were his "fight" with Fred Durst started..... </b>

Thanks, I thought it was a name of a band or something.......please feel free to call me alisha.

---------------------------------------------------

Somewhere there's someone who dreams of your smile,
and finds in your presence that life is worth while.
So when you are lonely, remember it's true
Somebody somewhere is thinking of you
Old 01-24-2003, 09:38 PM   #145
Mr. Prophet Man
USER INFO »
three years ago when i heard Higher... my 1st cd was Human Clay
Old 01-25-2003, 01:38 PM   #146
creeder
USER INFO »
I just love creed!! I started listen to them in 99.. I just loved the msuic!! i like metal and rock,,, and this was a great combination between rock and metal!!!!!! CREED ROCKS::::::: AND I HOPE THEY WILL ROCK FOR A LONG LONG LONG TIME
And i have it all
I got nothing to share with you
Maybe a piece of paper
But what is that?
Maybe it defines you?
You are no one
Just be your self

"Complex!"
Old 01-25-2003, 07:01 PM   #147
DangerousDan85
USER INFO »
I would have to say watching wrestling got me to like Creed. They played "My Sacrifice" for WWF Desire video clips before Weathered came out. I got Weathered fo Christmas and have been hooked since.
And yet I fight
This battle all alone
No one to cry to
No place to call home

Alice in Chains- Nutshell
Old 01-25-2003, 07:15 PM   #148
Sheila63
USER INFO »
Quote: Originally posted by Kim V.
<b>Yvonne, I'd have to agree w/ you - when I heard the music and Scott's voice, I was like, OMG, it's like he sings right to your soul, touching it like no other artist around!! &nbsp;I loaned one of my Creed CD's to a guy at work just so he could have a listen and his critique was, "I didn't really care for it; he sounds like Pearl Jam's singer". &nbsp;And I was like, no way, Scott's SO MUCH more talented than him - his voice can go from soft and touching to rockin' hard with such clarity, no shakiness, etc. &nbsp;Scott was given such a gift with that voice, and I'm so glad he shares that gift with us! &nbsp;Then you couple that with Mark's genius on guitar, and Flip's rockin' beat - WHEW! &nbsp;What's not to love?? &nbsp; :band: </b>

I feel the same way Kim. They're a totally awesome band!!! I've stated in other threads on the board that Scott's voice is what got me interested in Creed. Unlike some other singers, I can understand what he's saying and on those acoustic songs....I practically get chills listening to that voice. When I heard the acoustic version of DSD for the first time, I think I did get chills for real!! I think I listened to it several times that first day. Then when I got the OLB single recently with the acoustic version of MOP, I felt the same way. Just a beautiful set of pipes on that man!!!

Relearn Love
Old 01-25-2003, 07:53 PM   #149
Kim V.
USER INFO »
You've got that right, Yvonne! I do get chills alot hearing him sing. It's like he's singing right to your soul/spirit - that's the best way I can describe it. He has the ability to make you feel like he's singing only to you. And Mark's and Flip's music backing him up just add so much to the feeling in his voice too.

If there's one thing I hope I showed you... Just Give Love To All

Next Time I See This Face, I'll Say I Choose To Live For Always....So Won't You Come Inside and Never Go Away

There's Still Time...All That Has Been Devastated Can Be Recreated.....Realize, We Pick Up The Broken Pieces Of Our Lives, Giving Ourselves to Each Other, to Rest Our Head On