++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > Community Central > Music Matters
Today's Posts «

Old 12-04-2005, 05:02 AM   #16
SummerGirl
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Quote: (Originally Posted by evyllsummer) "rocking-out-with-your-cock-out just don't go hand in hand."

taken out of context, that phrase is pretty funny...LOL...but, anyway, I like my lyrics at least somewhat contemplative...in any case, I totally agree with you that I salivate at what the next album, with Myles fully on board, will sound like...bring it f'n ON!!!

As usual, I like the cut of your gib...

Hmm...ever look that word up...means nose or castrated cat or sail depending on your spelling...and at this hour I think that is very funny!
Old 12-05-2005, 01:58 AM   #17
evyllsummer
USER INFO »
I'm slowly making my way through this article...my attention span won't allow me to read the whole thing at once...LOL...I DID want to respond to this, though...

Quote: Try looking for Grunge past bands like Nickelback and Staind

I disagree with this simply because, if you listen to the lyrics, Nickelback actually IS "hair metal"...I mean, look at his "grunge" hair! There is gel in there, folks...Nickelback is actually reviving "hair metal", whether they know it or not...as for Staind, they are the homogenized radio grunge that was actually created AFTER the initial so-called "grunge" movement that included Soundgarden, Nirvana, Pearl Jam/Mother Love Bone, Smashing Pumpkins, and Alice In Chains...other examples of the radio grunge are Bush and Candlebox...

(note to readers: check out Kevin Martin of Candlebox, then listen to Stapp...yup, Kevin was an influence, as Stapp was cutting his vocal chops on Candlebox covers back in his early days before Creed...)
Old 12-05-2005, 02:33 AM   #18
RMadd
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by evyllsummer) "rocking-out-with-your-cock-out just don't go hand in hand."

taken out of context, that phrase is pretty funny...LOL...

i hadn't even thought of that. nice catch

Old 12-05-2005, 02:36 AM   #19
RMadd
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by evyllsummer) I disagree with this simply because, if you listen to the lyrics, Nickelback actually IS "hair metal"...I mean, look at his "grunge" hair! There is gel in there, folks...Nickelback is actually reviving "hair metal", whether they know it or not...
i assume you don't literally mean that they are reviving actual hair metal... to make such a proclamation would be downright ludicrous!

Old 12-05-2005, 03:01 AM   #20
evyllsummer
USER INFO »
well, I'm just trying to say that the Nickelback's cheesy lyrics would be right at home with the rest of what I would call "cheese metal", or, in the article, "hair metal"...