++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > The Bands & The Music > Creed Talk
Today's Posts «

Old 01-04-2003, 11:40 AM   #31
CreedKevin397
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
They really are...I never get old of Creed. Like right now, I'm getting back into MOP again a lot. I've been listening to Weathered a lot more than the other 2, but now I'm falling in love with My Own prison. I love that CD.
Old 01-04-2003, 12:40 PM   #32
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
I always listen to MOP the most, but I often have my Creed song-athons, where I'll play all three right in a row, plus a b-sides/live compilation I have. I never tire of them, either. Hardly a day goes by when I don't listen to them. They are always in the rotation!
Old 01-04-2003, 02:04 PM   #33
hotforscott
USER INFO »
Ahhh, you guys. I just read over this entire thread because these are the things I like to read about. The good stuff. I am in tears over all the meanings and I am gonna go pop a CD in.
Old 01-04-2003, 02:09 PM   #34
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Quote: Originally posted by hotforscott
Ahhh, you guys. I just read over this entire thread because these are the things I like to read about. The good stuff.

Absolutely. I love to see what other people see in the music and words. It's all really interesting. I love how people see so many different things.
Old 01-04-2003, 03:20 PM   #35
Sheila63
USER INFO »
This is a great thread!! I've thoroughly enjoyed reading everyone's thoughts about all of Creed's songs. I'll get back to you on some of mine own favorites real soon. There are so many that I can't remember them all off the top of my head.

Relearn Love
Old 01-04-2003, 05:08 PM   #36
CreedKevin397
USER INFO »
Yea, i've really liked reading everybody's views too. Please post yours Creedfan
Old 01-04-2003, 06:26 PM   #37
Sheila63
USER INFO »
First of I'd like to thank Kevin for starting this thread. It's been a great way for me to go over the lyrics and see which have really meaning for me, so here it goes. I apologize ahead of time if I'm long winded but like everyone else, Creed's music has really touched my life.

SISTER -

This whole song speaks to how I felt growing up and that I'm grateful now as an adult that I've made some changes and don't feel that way (bottled up and holding back) anymore.

ONE -

"The goal is to be unified take my hand be my brother" and "Want to Change the World"

These lines touch the part of me that wants everyone to accept each other and get along as well as my desire to see it happen. I've got to say that on NYE when the guys performed this song, I felt we were all One in the Sprectrum!! It was fantastic!!

WHAT IF -

"Forked tongues in bitter mouths can drive a man to bleed from inside out."

The line reminds me of how I used to let what people say affect me too personally and how I've grown more self-assured and don't let other people's words affect me so deeply.

Also, "We are one, we are strong, the more you hold us down the more we press on."

This is such a powerful part of the song to me. It makes me feel strong and to just keep pushing on.

FACELESS MAN -

The whole song just blows me away. I'm a big nature lover and it's also a very spiritual song to me.

NEVER DIE -

"So let the children play inside your heart always."

I like this one because it helps me to remember to always keep part of myself like a child despite being an adult with responsiblities. Regardless of our age, we need to have fun!!

WITH ARMS WIDE OPEN -

"I hope he understands that he can take this life and hold it by the hand and he can greet the world with arms wide open."

That part of the song really hit home with me a few months ago when I realized that I don't have to live with the fear I grew up with that the world is a scary place but that it's okay to be yourself.

HIGHER -

"Up high I feel like I'm alive for the very first time. Up high I'm strong enough to take these dreams and make them mine."

The whole song makes me feel so good but these lines in particular make me feel empowered and that I can make things happen.

WASH AWAY THOSE YEARS -

"But she could not hide her tears cause they were sent to wash away those years."

A few months ago, I was listening to Human Clay and this song played while I was crying over some personal things I was feeling and I thought to myself "that's what these tears are here for".

INSIDE US ALL -

"Inside we're all the same, why can't we tear down the walls to show the scars were covering?

The lines pretty much say it all - that although we sometimes feel along in what we're going through, we as people are more the same than different.

WHO'S GOT MY BACK -

"All that has been devastated can be recreated."

This line to me is a statement of faith, strength and not giving up.

MY SACRIFICE -

I love the whole song but especially the following: "When you are with me, I'm free, I'm careless, I believe."

That part of the song reminds me how I feel when I'm with my best friend.

STAND HERE WITH ME -

The whole song reminds me how grateful I am to have supportive people in my life.

WEATHERED -

"Believe what you will, that is your right, but I choose to win, I choose to fight."

I love this part of the song because I believe in allowing others to have their opinions/beliefs but at the same time don't deny me the same right and also to fight for what I believe and stay true to myself.

HIDE -

"What are you going to do with your gift dear child? Give life, give love, give soul?"

Those lines make me questions what I have to give to the world. Although I like the song as a whole because it makes me feel carefree and that I'm out communing with nature somwhere.

DON'T STOP DANCING -

I love the basic message to the song - that life can be a challenger but to have faith and not give up. It's the philosophy I've had for myself all my life.

Phew!! Thanks for the opportunity to share this with everyone. I've really enjoyed doing it.

Relearn Love
Old 01-04-2003, 06:43 PM   #38
Unforgiven Fan
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to Unforgiven Fan Send a message via Yahoo to Unforgiven Fan
on a releated topic:

all of this is what the mainstream media is choosing to ignore. If they get their heads out of there asses then they will see what Creed and their lyrics are all about, why Creed has a huge fan base, and why Creed is a big rock band.....but no the media is to blind...
Old 01-04-2003, 07:54 PM   #39
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Quote: Originally posted by Unforgiven Fan
on a releated topic:

all of this is what the mainstream media is choosing to ignore. If they get their heads out of there asses then they will see what Creed and their lyrics are all about, why Creed has a huge fan base, and why Creed is a big rock band.....but no the media is to blind...

Boy, you said it!!!
Old 01-04-2003, 08:22 PM   #40
hotforscott
USER INFO »
You sure did!
Old 01-04-2003, 08:33 PM   #41
TeriB19
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
I absolutely agree. The media sees things as they want to, and if it's not controversial (a la Eminem) then they must be doing something wrong, let's not recognize them for the true talent they really are.

SP: Actually, we are setting that up.

MT: It was in your contract when you signed up with us.

Old 01-05-2003, 11:45 PM   #42
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
*bump* for those who might want to contribute.
Old 01-06-2003, 12:26 AM   #43
souldancer
USER INFO »
Quote: Originally posted by Unforgiven Fan
on a releated topic:

TOTALLY agree about the media, one thought and their brain might explode, and there is no light where their heads are, so I doubt we can count on the traditional media. But, I think it is important that the depth and the value of Creed's lyrics be cast into the public's light...just wish I knew how, as fans, we could help do that!
Old 01-06-2003, 12:51 AM   #44
souldancer
USER INFO »
WRONG WAY
Somebody told me the wrong way
What if I died?
What did I give?

Reminds me to be real, to feel and express my full range of emotions. Connects me with an inner source of 'I" and makes me live from the inside out, to see that cup as half full and to emphasize Living and Giving. A beautiful song!
Old 01-06-2003, 12:58 AM   #45
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Quote: Originally posted by souldancer
WRONG WAY
Somebody told me the wrong way
What if I died?
What did I give?

Reminds me to be real, to feel and express my full range of emotions.  Connects me with an inner source of 'I" and makes me live from the inside out, to see that cup as half full and to emphasize Living and Giving. A beautiful song!

It also reminds me of sometimes listening to what others think they know is right for me and my letting them influence what I do instead of my doing what is in my heart. For me, if you can't be real and true to yourself, it's really hard to be able to give to others. I sure don't want to live in a sea of regret. That's what those last two lines make me think about. What could/did I not contribute because I went the wrong way?