Thread: No Biggie...
View Single Post
Old 11-25-2003, 05:21 PM   #29
Malevolence
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
I must add my vote for shiver's views, on the whole.

Stapp fails to show any sort of true fire for music.

He does have passion, yes -- however, his passion lies in the spreading of his personal idealisms and life, rather than the creation of excellent music.

The musical ardor from Tremonti, Flip, and Marshall thrived on Stapp's messages because the goals where clear: Compliment each other's abilities, and good things will come.

In time, however, Stapp ultimately felt as though he was the center for Creed's music.

I believe that is the major conflict: That Stapp thinks Creed is his own personal little creation when, in reality, he is only ( initially 1/4, now 1/3 ) of the band.

I think he's also creating personal conflicts of interest between him and the other "major" band member -- Tremonti.

He's a very troubled person. Behind all the glitz, rockstardom, and showstuffs, he is going through alot.

I agree with shiver in the following respects:

Flip/Tremonti/Marshall can only be a good move. Weathered sucked hard because Creed lost a part of it's signature sound. Stuff like Bullets, WGMB, Freedom Fighter, Weathered -- great stuff. Showed potential/ possible moves. ESPECIALLY Bullets. I know everyone here was impressed with Tremonti's display of that incredibly badass song.

Heh. Bullets beats the ever-loving crap out of a ton of the "heavy" rock songs out there.

Anyway. Point in hand.

Lose Stapp = Lose some problems.

Finding someone to replace him though ... ack. That's going to create plenty of new problems.

So long as Mark/Flip/Marshall are reunited, I can't really see any sort of bleakness in the future.

Bottom line is this: Tremonti's the man because he's about the music. He's going to do what's best for the creation of awesome music.

That's always been his goal. And THAT'S why Stapp falls short: Because his goal isn't about the creation of music.

Stapp is about the creation of his own message and ideals.

Downshifter, Go! You have my vote!