View Single Post
Old 01-31-2004, 03:15 PM   #142
njcreedite
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Quote: (Originally Posted by BearFan) To paraphrase a verse whose source I cannot recall:
"All scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking...etc"
Yes, it was written by men, but these amazing men could not have written it without the Lord's help.
Ahhhh and do we know this for sure? How do we know passages weren't written by some well spoken, well written self serving person of that time? We don't now do we. There have been many many false prophets...do we know for sure that their aren't any who contributed to the Bible? Nope.
Also...Man (men...not women) put his own spin on things when writing the Bible. Little science was known...women were considered possessions, and the people were scared to death of anything they could not explain (there for it was a bad thing). They may have been "good men", but their knowledge and perspective is questionable in this day and age.
Oh..and about Jesus...10 commandments were written before him..do we just throw those out the window? Not everyone believes in Jesus..does that mean they are wrong? What they believe is less valid than Christianity?
I think not.
One more amazing fact....Georgia (joining a few other states..like Florida) will be banning the use of the word "evolution" from science classes. Oh yeah..that's a step in the right direction. What are we to raise a generation of ingnorant youths? I don't understand why the evolution of man and creation have to be mutally exclusive. How do we know that God did not send Man out of the Garden of Eden and into the cave??? God's timeline is not the same as ours...or at least that's the theory...so why do we assume we couldn't have evolved from the apes..and still have been from Adam and Eve? Both theories can work together...same with the big bang theory and many others.
Oh and for those wondering...I'm liberal...I'm not a democrat or republican..I vote for the best choice..not party, and I was raised Catholic.. went to Catholic school etc.. I've argued many points with the priests and nuns over the years and must say, many of them are more open-minded than some of you. I'm Catholic, but not a "good" one. I have my own opinions and don't follow anything or anyone blindly.
We were both singers. Chris Cornell The first time we played he came to this little club and he told me that it was really good and he was thankful that I was there and that I was who I was, or something really nice, but the whole time he was saying this, he didn't realize but he was standing under a black light, and his teeth were glowing and his eyes were glowing. I remember it as my first conversation with Satan ..."