View Single Post
Old 01-30-2004, 11:10 PM   #140
bgivens33
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Quote: (Originally Posted by BearFan) To paraphrase a verse whose source I cannot recall:
"All scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking...etc"
Yes, it was written by men, but these amazing men could not have written it without the Lord's help.

Exactly. It is God-breathed scripture. But, the Bible is not necessarily a living document(i know i'm going to catch hell for that). The old testament law basically becomes obsolete when Jesus comes. You have to look at it in the context of when it was written. You can't just look at the old testament by itself. That is taking it out of context. In the beginning, there was the old testament, and that is how things were. Now, here comes Jesus and that's how things should be.... Love, not condemnation. Do you really see Jesus boycotting Disney because they allow their workers to share insurance not only with their spouse, but their "partner"??? Of course not. The Southern Baptist are taking on the role of God by punishing homosexuality. That is NOT their place, and neither is it anybody's.(besides God's)