View Single Post
Old 11-12-2003, 10:13 PM   #42
Lady Valkyrie
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to Lady Valkyrie Send a message via Yahoo to Lady Valkyrie
My mother and father were not religious or spiritual in the least. However I spent a lot of time with my Grandmother and she attended a Church of Jesus Christ. They were some major Holy Rollers. You know as in the Baptism of the Holy Spirit with the evidence of speaking in tongues as told in Acts chapter 2 of the Holy Bible. However, they were all full of hate, bitterness, rage, and a judgemental spirit. Women weren't allowed to wear makeup, wear shorts, pant, bathing suits, short sleeves or jewelry. Women were not allowed to cut their hair or braid it. Men weren't able to wear shorts, bathing suits or jewlery. Men were not allowed to have a beard, mustache or long hair. They were constantly after me to "get saved". Thattotally turned me off to God and I totally rebelled. However, at the age of 16 I got pregnant and married and my mother-in-law at the time loved me with a motherly love I had never knew before. Ifinally seeen God's love through her. Seven years and 3 kids later her son left me for my best friend on our daughter's birthday and I totally turned against God. I hated him. That's when I discovered Wicca. I was a Wiccan for quite a while. However, I missed Jesus and the Holy Spirit. I studied and studied and discovered Christian Wicca. Yes, I know, some of you will gasp and then probably laugh and yell "That's such an oxymoron!" However it's not. I worship God the Father of the Holy Bible, The Holy Spirit who is Mother Goddess to me, and I follow the teachings of Jesus. However, I don't believe everything in the Bible. I beleive that much of it has been tainted. I also study the Nag Hammadi Library and The Apocrapha. I recently semi-came out of the "broom closet" with my family. They see the signs all over the house. I evenpainted on my front door window for Halloween "Happy Samhain" along with a pentagram. My fiance gave me a disaproving look but he didn't pursue the matter. I also am studying the tarrot cards and have done many readings on myself and only one on someone else who is a shaman. I have learned to be more open minded since I have last been here. When I first came to this board earlier this year I was such a "fundie" pain in the rear. I have seen the error of my ways. So I hope the slate is clean for me.

~~~~~I am my kid's mom.~~~~~

~~~My Diary~~~~My Photos~~~