Thread: Cool Quotes
View Single Post
Old 01-01-2003, 08:10 PM   #3
Lady Valkyrie
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to Lady Valkyrie Send a message via Yahoo to Lady Valkyrie
Courage is the mastery of fear - not the absence of fear. - Mark Twain

Every problem in your life carries a gift inside it. - Richard Bach

There are risks and costs to a program of action, but they are far less than the long-range risks and costs of comfortable inaction. - John F. Kennedy

People ask you for criticism, but they only want praise. - W. Maugham

Though no one can go back and make a brand new start my friend, anyone can start from now and make a brand new end. - Carl Bard

No matter how far you've gone down the wrong road, turn back. -Unknown

The difference between truth and fiction: Fiction has to make sense. - Mark Twain

Do not confuse motion and progress. A rocking horse keeps moving but does not make any progress. - Alfred A. Montapert

Any person capable of angering you becomes your master; he can anger you only when you permit yourself to be disturbed by him. -- Epictetus

Face your deficiencies and acknowledge them; but do not let them master you. Let them teach you patience, sweetness, insight. -- Helen Keller

The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good. - Samuel Johnson

Ah, but a man's reach should exceed his grasp, Or what's a heaven for? -- Robert Browning

The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today is Christians who acknowledge Him with their lips then walk out the door and deny Him by their life styles. That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable. --Christian Rock Band DC Talk

Our scientific power has outrun our spiritual power. We have guided missiles and misguided men. --Martin Luther King Jr.

Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength. --Eric Hoffer

We all have strength enough to endure the misfortunes of others. --Francois de La Rochefoucauld

At times one remains faithful to a cause only because its opponents do not cease to be insipid. --Friedrich Nietzsche

When we were children, we used to think that when we were grown-up we would no longer be vulnerable. But to grow up is to accept vulnerability... To be alive is to be vulnerable. --Madeleine L'Engle

"Where there is hatred, let me sow love. Where there is injury, pardon. Where there is doubt, faith."
Saint Francis of Assisi (1181 - 1226)

When you wish to instruct, be brief; that men's minds take in quickly what you say, learn its lesson, and retain it faithfully. Every word that is unnecessary only pours over the side of a brimming mind. --Marcus Tullius Cicero

You must not lose faith in humanity. Humanity is an ocean; if a few drops of the ocean are dirty, the ocean does not become dirty. --Mahatma Gandhi

There is a theory which states that if ever anybody discovers exactly what the Universe is for and why it is here, it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable. There is another theory which states that this has already happened. --Douglas Adams

A bank is a place that will lend you money if you can prove that you don't need it. --Bob Hope

Egotism is the anesthetic that dulls the pain of stupidity. --Frank Leahy

To be stupid, selfish, and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost. --Gustave Flaubert

With stupidity the gods themselves contend in vain. --Friedrich von Schiller

There is no nonsense so gross that society will not, at some time, make a doctrine of it and defend it with every weapon of communal stupidity. --Robertson Davies

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity. --Martin Luther King Jr.

Books are hindrances to persisting stupidity. --Spanish Proverb

Stupidity is the devil. Look in the eye of a chicken and you'll know. It's the most horrifying, cannibalistic, and nightmarish creature in this world. --Werner Herzog

The real question of government versus private enterprise is argued on too philosophical and abstract a basis. Theoretically, planning may be good. But nobody has ever figured out the cause of government stupidity and until they do (and find the cure) all ideal plans will fall into quicksand. --Richard Feynman

To forget one's purpose is the commonest form of stupidity. --Friedrich Nietzsche

~~~~~I am my kid's mom.~~~~~

~~~My Diary~~~~My Photos~~~