View Single Post
Old 06-01-2004, 06:53 PM   #40
whitebird
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Mulletman, fair question. Perhaps I should have said, too many wonderful lives were lost in Vietnam, period. Thanks.

I wish I could explain the person that I am to you. I truly seem to have born with a sensitivity to life that many others have never experienced. I'm not saying I'm better than anyone else, as someone on this board suggested, only different.

Even as a small child, animals used to behave oddly around me, becoming hyper excited when ever I was near. No jokes, please. I seem to have a connection with life, which animals seem to be able to sense.

I can feel their fear, when they are hurt or upset, and I must tell you, it is very unpleasant.

To be put into a war situation where I encountered the fear and death of a person, whom I had personally hurt, or help to build a tool that would blow off the legs of little children running in fields, would be something that I could not live with.

Others make their choices, and must live with them also, for good or bad.

I regret that your Father had to experience the things that he did in war, but as you said, it was a choice that he made.

I greatly respect the right of all of us to express our views, differing greatly at times, and blending together at others.

Peace.

Last edited by whitebird : 06-01-2004 at 06:57 PM.