Thread: My $170.00 pie!
View Single Post
Old 11-19-2008, 09:51 PM   #1
JulieCitySlicker
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
My $170.00 pie!

Hi Everyone!I just thought that I would share something cool that happened to me tonight. I was able to make it to church tonight and when I got there I found that they were having a pie auction to raise money for an orphanage overseas. Well a man sat next to me with his family and he asked me if I was going to bid on any of the pies, I told him no because I didn't have any money. So we went on having praise and worship and then a speaker talked for a few minutes, and then it came time for the pie auction he bids on the first pie (a chocolate peanutbutter pie) and he won the auction at $170.00 and he went up and got the pie and then when he came back to sit down he handed me the pie and said this is for you. I thought that was so nice of him and his family to bless me with that pie and it was totally unexpected and I was really in need of something good to happen because I have been bummed out lately because there are no jobs hiring and the fact that I'm 30 years old and living with dad and his girlfriend. So that really made my day.
alone
All I know
I still got mountains to climb
on my own

Enough To Let Me Go-Switchfoot