View Single Post
Old 12-07-2004, 01:31 AM   #82
fluttergirl
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Steve, Dogstar, Terri, thank you, youve pretty much voiced my opinion. I must concur with the broken record. This whole thing had been hashed out in three threads now. I'm sick of fighting with people who either see themselves as having no faults, or see only faults in others, and refuse to do anything but argue. I've started dreading coming to this board because of these threads, so I just won't post in them anymore. Theres no point. Anyone who wants my opinion on the matter, feel free to ask, but I'm not going to volunteer myself to be cut down for difference of opinion anymore. With that said, I will make reference to the last time I was quoted.

Ann, I dont know what seemed to make this so personal to you, but I was merely stating my opinion.
Yes I did have something to say, but I chose not to. However here goes- I find it ironic that anytime people point out major downfalls of Stapp's they are called either mere mistakes, or the inference that the AB guys are just as bad, merely not as publicized comes up. Trust me, there are enough people out there who hate AB enough, if there was stuff to be publicized, it would be. And were you not faced with the decision to either stand behind Stapp or realize that he had major personal and character faults? Or are you still refusing to face such decisions. I think anyone here can see that you have obviously put Stapp on a pedastale, whether you are aware of it or not. Anyone who can call the Chicago show, the barfight, etc, mere mistakes, and not see it as a possible reflection of character, probably either holds Stapp in too high a regard, or on a pedastale. However, that I Sirrelevant to the music, Which I am still waiting on, and can't really support untill it is here. By constantly making inuendos about Stapp and the 'other' people, the 'some' people who are closeminded, you have shown that you are either against AB, or most certainly, not for them. Earlier in this thread, when you assumed that AB has a pedastale to fall off of. Why would you assume so if you wished them well. I wish well to Scott. I hope nothing of the sort to him, and cant understand how you can both support someone, and assume they'll have some big downfall that will make me question their career and their person. And it would upset me mostly because as stated MANY times before, by myself, and I think dogstar in particular (correct me if I'm wrong, please) that there simply hasnt been enough time to heal. There are people who to this day dont know Creed has broken up. That would be the equivalent of you going to a Weathered concert (because that is where everything started to fall apart), and seeing Myles singing WAWO. Its shocking and its painful.
Again, like I've said, after a year or so? Sure. Now? No. Please, people, stop misquoting here. We're noting saying ever, we're saying NOW. And yes, there are such erronious mistakes that should not be given automatic forgiveness for. Such as, promoting yourself by a still newly band. And if you dont see anyone blindly supporting wither side, then, well, I've wasted my time typing this.

Like I said, any more questions, Pm me or whatever, but I'm tired of wasting my time in this thread....

-Amber

"A person should not believe in an "-ism," he should believe in himself."
-Ferris Bueller