View Single Post
Old 09-12-2003, 08:47 AM   #6
JenRN
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
I have VERY mixed feelings about this. I am leaning towards YES, they should rebuild. It is this big gaping hole in the middle of the city, you can't go by it with out the haunting illusion of "what was there" I think if they "tastefully" rebuild, a buidling and a memorial park area in that area it would be acceptable. I understand that this is "sacred" ground, but really those souls lost there are not "physically" there anymore. NY needs to build something there that reflects the same kind of "spirit" that was there before. A memorial park where those who want to reflect on that horrific day and remember those lost is a good idea. An area with serene gardens etc.. would be good. And also I agree in the fact that if we just leave it blank, what really is that going to prove? We need to show those "demonic terrorists" that they are not going to stop our way of life!

~Lenny Kravitz
"Baptized"