View Single Post
Old 01-16-2006, 09:15 AM   #60
RalphyS
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Re: Proof that Christianity is the Way

Quote: (Originally Posted by SecretWeapon) There, now that I've done my best to denounce the notion of
there being no God.

Well you've done your best, but that best wasn't nearly good enough.

Quote: (Originally Posted by SecretWeapon) I have yet to show that our God is indeed a personal loving God. Which is easy , we were created by Him, we were created with the capacity to love , therefore , our Creator must understand love. We were created with the ability to communicate with each other , even without
speaking the same language , we can communicate the most
important things . Therefore , our Creator must understand
communication , after all , He gave us that gift

Let's say for theory sake, there is a 'creator'. There is no evidence of him being loving. Let's take the bible, the god of the O.T. is a mass murderer, who destroys entire cities, even kills almost all people on earth in a flood, terrorizes someone (Job) and reeks havok on that person's family just because he has a bet going with satan. If I go back to you story, we were created with the capacity to hate, kill and destroy and many more 'evil' things. Who even says that creation was on purpose, maybe it was an experiment gone bad, that has long been abandoned.

Quote: (Originally Posted by SecretWeapon) And now , it has been tried for centuries , but has been proven
impossible - to seperate the physical Jesus from the spiritual Jesus.
Men have tried since before the Reformation to seperate "the two" .
Anyone you've met on the internet or in real life who says they have
proof are lying. As said in the book of Proverbs , "they are lying in wait
to snare your soul".

There are dozens and dozens of prophecies in the old testament
of the messiah , who would become sin , and die so that the sin
that all mankind was cursed with at his fall could be forgiven.
And that , once the sin was gone , God would raise Him from the
dead , all power in heaven and earth would be given to Him ,
and it is He who will judge everyone's soul , after they've had
their whole lifetime to come to Him ,accepting His sacrifice.
The odds that EVEN 10 OF THESE PROPHECIES TO BE FULFILLED
IN ONE HUMAN BEING ARE EXTREMELY , EXTREMELY SLIM.
Jesus fulfilled EVERY SINGLE ONE.

I don't know what you are babbling about 'trying to seperate the physical Jesus from the spiritual Jesus'. There is factually no evidence that a physical Jesus ever existed and even if he existed, there is no evidence for him being a 'son of God' or being 'resurrected'.

Also the O.T. is just a collection of old stories, why would I give any credential to any prophecies described in them (even if they were fulfilled, for which there isn't any proof) or even more credibility than any other 'holy book'

Quote: (Originally Posted by SecretWeapon) He was God's gift of Love , of forgiveness. Jesus is our passionate,
loving God , come to save us . Jesus said Himself that He was the
Messiah ,to deny Him that is to call Him insane. By reading
His words , we can easily see the he was perfectly sane .

We have found much proof in archeology , especially in Egypt
that many of the miracles (especially of Moses' time) were true.
And that the Bible is history , we have found many places that
the Bible talks about , we have evidence that would suggest a
worldwide flood , talked about in Genisis.

Hey Mohammed himself said that he was the prophet of God/Allah. to deny him is to call him insane. By reading his words, we can easily see that he was perfectly sane, NOT, and the same applies to your Jesus. If he existed, Jesus was probably just another Jewish preacher, who never claimed to be the messiah, only in the last written, probably highly embellished gospel of John, claims like that are being made.

As a history book the bible fails miserably, as already stated by anarkist there is no proof for the supposition that the jews were ever slaves of the Egyptians and that there was a big exodus. The city of Nazareth probably didn't even exist at the assumed life-span of Jesus. There is no corroborating evidence for a worldwide flood. The process of Jesus's process and crucifixion is entirely different from all we know about the roman's ways in those matters. The bible is just a collection of fantasies and oral traditions, that have been embellished and modified throughout history by men and not a God.

Quote: (Originally Posted by SecretWeapon) All in all , there is NOT enough proof , in all the world
that could convince me that all existance can be brought down to
Time+Chance. According to your logic , if we placed a can of
Campbells chicken noodle soup on the floor , and watched for long
enough , even billions of years , that life , eventually human life,
would spring from that can of soup. After all, it has all the
nessasary amino acids , protiens , not to mention water , in order
for life to form. But I wouldn't hold my breath. Even if life is created
from scratch in a test tube , that STILL does not prove that life
can be created without intellegent life
. I mean , duh , that's just
commom sense ...

You just don't get it, do you? Life wasn't created, it evolved !!
Stupid examples won't help your side, let's open up a can of soup and wait until Jesus breaks the soup in two sides, so an army of ants can march on through, even after a billion times billion years it won't happen.

Quote: (Originally Posted by SecretWeapon) Thus I am left with one conclusion-

That there is a God who exists , He is everything the Bible
says He is , the Bible is the ultimate book of truth ,
there is no room for evolution , big bang theories ,
or chicked noodle soup human civilizations...

You mean just like the church stated that there used to be no room for the theory that the earth moved around the sun in earlier stages of history?
The bible is contradicting itself constantly, not such a strange thing, if you know that it changed a lot over time, and was written by people who described events that supposedly happened decades if not much more earlier.

Quote: (Originally Posted by SecretWeapon) GOD IS TRUE AND HE IS WHO THE BIBLE SAYS HE IS .

If you say no , then I do very much pity you , my brother .
You are mentioned in the Bible ,too ,actually. It says,
"He will give them over to their reprobate minds" And so
you have proven the Bible as truth , even in your disbelief....

"A lie told often enough becomes the truth."
Lenin

"Religion is the opium for the masses"
Karl Marx

You have proven the founders of communism right.

Quote: (Originally Posted by SecretWeapon) Last , but certainly not least , I know God to be true
from personal experience . Had you lived my life ,and seen the
unexplainable (and ,trust me , I don't say "unexplainable" lightly)
things which I have seen , had you felt the amazing Grace and Peace that
I have felt , then you would have NO DOUBT either. I am very sorry
for your decision to reject Him.

I think that covers just about everything.

With love ,
your still potential brother in Christ,
Ryan

Well I do not which to deconvert you and maybe you've had some sort of 'personal experience' as are mentioned by countless people of all kinds of differing religions. There are also countless people who still see Elvis on a daily basis, untill they provide proof for him still being alive, I won't believe them either. But if the fantasy joy ride of Christ makes you happy, so be it, as long as you let others have the freedom to 'reject' your version of the truth.

With compassion,
your friend in reason,
Ralph

Ralphy's Cool Music Site www.aowekino.nl