Thread: When oh when!
View Single Post
Old 04-16-2005, 10:45 PM   #72
titan9
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Oh, I agree, Scott should(and did) take time out to deal with personal issues. That is the most important thing in his life, as it should be. But if you're going to do that and take some time to sort things out, don't promise an album by the end of 2004. Don't promise one by February 2005. Just say that a solo album will be out. An example: What if I promised(and kept repeatedly saying) that I would put up a bunch of downloadable content on 12 Stones Rocks(the fan site I help run) by the end of this month, yet didn't do that and kept delaying that promise? I bet those who badly wanted that content would be frustrated and, eventually, stop going to 12 Stones Rocks. It's the same exact thing here. Those who were looking forward to the solo album by the end of 2004 or, at the latest, early 2005, have gotten frustrated. I'm not one of those people; I can wait until 2025 for a solo CD from Stapp. Not everyone is that patient, though. No one is saying that Stapp shouldn't have a personal life or that he should just ignore his health, family and faith. All they're saying is that he promised an album by the end of 2004, then didn't deliver on that promise. Whether it was due to personal problems or recording issues, he didn't deliver by the time that he promised. Nor did he give us updates to tell us why the album was not put out by the promised time. I don't want this to come across as me bashing Scott, because I am not. I'm a huge supporter of his music and will buy his CD the day it comes out. All I'm doing is pointing out some of the reasons why some people have gotten so frustrated with all of the delays on when the CD will be out.

Check out my friend's Music blog by here!