View Single Post
Old 01-11-2004, 08:16 PM   #95
hide
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Quote: (Originally Posted by VoveoVoviVotum) I haven't read this whole thing; I read the last page of messages. But I can see where it is going.

Now, think about this, please, and be open-minded:

"God is Love. You cannot know God if you do not know Love." I know it says that somewhere. Now consider, while homosexuality may be a human mentality, it's... how someone is, isn't it? It's not anything recent; homosexuality has been practiced since the ancient Greeks. But only now is it recognized as a status of being. So, put yourself in their shoes: if you're a homosexual, and you must know Love to know God, and you cannot know Love unless it is homosexual Love, then what do you do? If God is love, then why would he damn them for that?

The Bible was written by human beings, whether you believe in it or not. If you accept that God exists, but look past all that humans have made of Him, think about it; He created us, the Earth, the Universe that holds it, and He would love his creations like Parents love their children. Comitting a true act of inhumanity against our race is Hellworthy, but loving another person... how can that be the same?

I can see where some of you might think of the homosexual lifestyle as one revolving entirely around sodomy, but that just isn't true. If you say that homosexuality is a sin because it seems a desperation of lust and nothing more (no reproduction of life), then isn't that the same for any fruitless sex? But the entire world does that, apparently there's nothing wrong with it. The truth is, we were cleaved in flesh to enjoy it--where is the sense in denying it? A just God would have known that before he ever created Adam.

We cannot rise against each other. Anyone who hates is going against what Jesus spoke. You may feel it to be wrong, and that is your opinion, and you are entitled to it, but accepting differences is what forges Salvation; how can one know good without recognizing evil? How can one salvage their pleasure without differing it from pain? How can one know individuality without seeing their fellow beings for who they truly are, and accepting them?

I would enjoy quoting Scott to conclude this...

"Just give love to all."

first of all Homosexuality was practised well before the Greeks hence the term
Sodomy as in Sodom and Gommrah less then 1000 years after Adam and Eve. Secondly you say that there is all this fruitless sex and everyone is doing so isn't homosexuality okay as well? The answer is no both are not right at all. That is now the bible describes God's intended design of us and our sexual pleasures. Also seek the figures, statisics for violence in lesbian relationships is staggering when compared to hetrosexual relationships and the health consequences for gays is well documented.

I hope I do not appear judgemental although I probably am. God does love all and we are not to judge but people should be made aware of the scriptures say not bowing down to whatever society of the day saids and compromsing according to those values.