View Single Post
Old 09-11-2003, 09:43 AM   #7
JenRN
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
My rountine on a work day:

- get up at 4:55am get ready to go to work, leave the house at 6am.
- get to work at 6:30, usually I am the charge nurse so I make the assignments, make coffee, look at staffing for the day.
-7:00am get report on my patients for the day
-7:30am go and see my patients, due a physical assesment on all of them and chart on patients.
-8:30 grab a quick breaksfast if I am lucky
-9:00 "rounds" on the patients, a meeting with social workers, doctors and managers to see "how long each patient is expected to be in the hospital and if we can get insurance to pay for it"
-10:00, pass meds which includes IV meds, pills, dressing changes etc...
-11:00 assess staffing for evening shifts, call people in if needed, continue to care for my patients
-1:00pm eat lunch half hour if lucky
- 2:00pm start afternoon meds, work with pharmacy to get doses correct etc
-2:30 I start to get new patients out of surgery, which is long and involved
-3:00 start of evening shift, make the assignment, I am usually still the charge nurse at this point, I STILL have a half of shift to work
-4:00 STILL getting patients out of surgery, deal with doctors coming to round on thier patients, reasses my patients for the day, head to toe assesment etc..
-5:00 meds meds and more meds
-6:00 tape report for the following shift
-6:30 make the assignment board over again for 12 hour shift people!
-7:00 continue to care for my patients and look at staffing for night shift and the following day
-7:30 get the hell out of there, by that time I am READY!!!!!!!

~Lenny Kravitz
"Baptized"