View Single Post
Old 10-02-2004, 08:01 PM   #16
Sheila63
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Quote: (Originally Posted by Ann Allusion) Creed's music was NOT depressing...it WAS/IS about life and hope...achieving dreams, seeing possibilities...positivity...Creed's sound was BALANCED.

one of the reasons i DIDN'T connect with AB is the negativity i got from their lyrics, which i DID find depressing...the choppiness in flow...a voice, tho talented, that did not appeal to me...and attempting to fit the lyrics to the music...instead of letting the lyrics speak with the music...Alter Bridge's sound is UNBALANCED...and that does not appeal to me.

As for playing the spirituality card...man...LISTEN to the lyrics...READ them...and then come back and tell us that AB didn't BORROW from their Creed roots...spirituality was not only part of stapps upbringing..but i'm sure that Mark, Brian, Flip and Myles have a little of it in them as well...of one kind or another.

Well said, Ann!!!

I was going to post similar comments. I didn't find Creed's music depressing at all. The songs were about life to me, the and the bad but there was always a message of faith (and I'm not specically talking of spirituality or religion) , strength, empowerment, fight and a feeling of perseverence!!!

Like Ann, I hear a lot of negativity in AB's lyrics. Just my For everyone who enjoys AB's music, I think that's great. Everyone has their own tastes in music and lyrics.

Relearn Love