View Single Post
Old 05-30-2004, 06:40 PM   #20
Torn Signs
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to Torn Signs Send a message via Yahoo to Torn Signs
Quote: (Originally Posted by Bridge of Clay) Sorry, Torn... but this war has nothing related to "fighting for our country, our freedom" as you say...

It was supposed since the beginning to oust Saddam, to finish the job that dad didn't have the chance. Now it all turned into a big mess, where US don't know what to do because Bush & Staff THOUGHT it would be a lot easier.

Before it all started, I always agreed it was necessary to oust Saddam, but that was bad timing. Besides, the focus should be Osama, Al-Qaeda and North Korea. Iraq would fade by itself.

Now who's paying the bill? You and Iraqi civilians, while Mr. Bush is confortable in his office, where he's safe, planning his re-election.

I agree with Mulletman. AND HOW IS IT NOT FOR FREEDOM! Look at SEptember 11 and ALL THOSE WHO DIED! Thousands! It's not total Bs that it is a redo of daddy's war. But daddy's war wasn't bad either b/c it is trying to STOP the terrorism we are receiving over here. Don't say sorry, Torn, it has nothing to do with freedom, because maybe to me it does. Maybe to those soldiers it does. We would NOT be where we are if we didn't go to Vietnam b/c then the political mess you are mentioning wouldn't be happening. Our screw ups make our history which helps make us better in the future. You couldn't even listen to music for a leisure time in Iraq and now we can. If Bush wasn't the president, more deaths due to terroism would have happened. I highly doubt Gore would have been for the war and the same for Kerry. He went over to Vietnam as a volunteer, fought, and came back to protest it? Isn't that a bit odd? If we go to the discussion of party politics, we go to the discussion of trying to get peace.
As Whitebird said, war=war not peace. Well, we had revolutions in this country, we had the civil rights. That was an at home war. B/s the little prejudice acts or killings ever so often, minorities have freedom HERE! War is necessary, and so is the draft. Freedom fighting over there is happening. Perhaps it is that we live in a republic and on't understand a dictator sort of leadership.
Peace out.
Torn Signs.
(I contradict myself.)

I'm otherwise known as: WTLF-101