View Single Post
Old 02-15-2007, 04:11 PM   #19
guitardude1985
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Re: AB to hit the studio Feb. 16!!

Quote: (Originally Posted by titan9) Steve basically stated exactly what I would have said. AB, save for "Open Your Eyes", isn't a really radio friendly band. I cannot see them being played on pop radio stations like Nickelback and Creed. What I can see is them flourishing on rock radio. I don't think AB is a cash cow like Nickelback, simply because AB doesn't make radio friendly music. They make good hard rockin' stuff. And I'm glad they don't make radio music.

I dissagree. Alter bridge does make radio-freindly music. Just listen to In loving memory, shed my skin, burn it down and down to my last, all very radio freindly. However, with out the proper promotion there can not be any way to get a large enough audience to tune in to AB. Wind-up in many ways sorta ratfucked AB with-out as much promotion as creed, and you know what? I actully think thats a good thing. I really would not want to see AB as this monolythic commercial jugernaut like creed became because we all know how that lovley situation ended. I like the audience AB has now, sorta like a cult following.