View Single Post
Old 07-17-2003, 10:31 PM   #8
Higher_Desire
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
i LOVE Nirvana!!!

I live in Montesano Washington, which is about 20 miles east of where Kurt was born and grew up. There's a lot of Kurt history here in Grays Harbor County. The bridge he "lived" under (even though he never lived in it), the grocery store where Kurt and some friends got a flyer for a rock concert nearby, his childhood house, the school he went to (sadly burned down about a year and a half ago) and the school he went to in 7th grade (Montesano High) where his history teacher, was MY history teacher too. Ya know their album "From the Muddy Banks of Wishka"? That's here too. The Wishka river, that is. In one book I have of him, it has a lot of his early life, and even shows pictures of him in his house in Aberdeen. I've been in that house. They tried to sell it for quite a lot of money, but there were no takers. It is pretty run down. If I had the money, I'd buy it and turn it into a Nirvana museum.

I feel a close connection to Nirvana from all their early history around here. I really wanna go walk where the Creed guys grew up.

Seattle is about a 3 hour drive from here. I've been by the house Kurt died in. There isn't as much intreging Kurt history there for me as there is here.

www.justiceforkurt.com

H-D

Today I'm gonna try a little harder
Gonna make every minute last longer
Gonna learn to forgive and forget
'Cause we don't have long
Gonna make the most of it

Today I'm gonna love my enemies
Reach out to somebody who needs me
Make a change, make the world a better place
'Cause tomorrow could be one day too late

--lyrics from "One Day Too Late" by Skillet