Thread: Post for Peace
View Single Post
Old 11-24-2002, 10:56 AM   #34
TeriB19
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Quote: Originally posted by souldancer
What do you do when you find days where the negative headlines glare in your face - the innocent are abused, those in power are corrupt, and the masses are apathetic?  How can we easily find peace on these days? Or, maybe it isn't easy - and maybe it's just making the choice.  (no, it was not a good week)

Some other suggestions, if I may. CALL A FRIEND. You know you have them, you know you have their phone numbers. You know they will always have a few minutes to talk to you. Get online and email them and pour out your feelings until you are exhausted. Don't fear that it will bring them down, feel the sorrow leave your body as you get it all out and away from you. I have even tried to open a new "word" document on the computer, type out everything that is bothering me until I can't type anymore. Then highlight the entire thing and just DELETE IT!! It's gone and it can't bother you anymore.

Go to the zoo to see some animals, pet that cat of yours, blast the Creed until the cops are called. And for GOD'S SAKE, turn OFF the television, throw away the newspapers and get away from the horrible headlines. Turn the news on about 10 minutes after it starts, that way you'll miss the sadness, pain and sorrow, and catch the sports and human interest stories.

SP: Actually, we are setting that up.

MT: It was in your contract when you signed up with us.