View Single Post
Old 02-21-2004, 12:03 AM   #201
american_bad_a$
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
okay sincirr, i agree with everything you said, but how does that fir into it being okay to be gay?? and that is all i need to be concerned about cause that is the purpose of this thread. i don't need to concern myself with anything other then it being right or wrong to be gay. i think it is wrong, and i have given you proof for that. you have given me nothing to persuade me to believe that being gay is fine.

you said,

What your verses said....then:
12I thank Christ Jesus our Lord, who has given me strength, that he considered me faithful, appointing me to his service.

13Even though I was once a blasphemer and a persecutor and a violent man, I was shown mercy because I acted in ignorance and unbelief. 14The grace of our Lord was poured out on me abundantly, along with the faith and love that are in Christ Jesus.

15Here is a trustworthy saying that deserves full acceptance: Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners--of whom I am the worst. 16But for that very reason I was shown mercy so that in me, the worst of sinners, Christ Jesus might display his unlimited patience as an example for those who would believe on him and receive eternal life.

okay, how does that mean it is okay to be gay? "I was shown mercy cause i acted in ignorance and unbelief..." how does that mean it is okay to be gay? it means that Paul was forgiven for his sins. the texts says he was granted mercy. because he was granted mercy, means he did something wrong. but he was forgiven. non of these verses you gave me have any reference to homosexuality. all of mine that i gave you, do.

elton's gay church. that is such a contradiction. they may be saved, and may be going to heaven, but that doesn't mean that being gay isn't wrong - it is.

i don't hate gay people, i just hate their sin, i think it is sick, and i hate it when people try to justify it - the bible is explicit when it comes to these.

here is a verse from the old testament. does this help you?

Leviticu 18:22, "You shall not lie with a male, as one lies with a female, it is an abomination."

Leviticus 20:13, "If there is a man who lies with a male as those who lie with a woman, both of them have committed a detestible act. They shall surely be put to death. Their bloodguiltyness is upon them."