Thread: Dark New Day
View Single Post
Old 12-02-2005, 02:36 PM   #3
evyllsummer
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Quote: (Originally Posted by titan9) I like'em a good bit. I bought the album earlier this year(I think June or so) after hearing "Brother" and another track. I really like the CD and it has some really terrific tracks on it(the aforementioned track and my favorite track on the CD, "Follow the sun down"). I don't listen to it all that often, but I think that can be attributed to the fact that I'm always buying CDs and always listening to different stuff. Heck, I haven't even listened to ODR since last week and that's one of my favorite CDs!

Anyway, Hestla sounds good on this album. He's a good vocalist who has a bit of range and can scream pretty good. I like the lyrics on this album for the most part. My only complaint is that I wish there were more solos(there's only like 2-3 on here, if I remember correctly).

Clint has repeatedly said that there will be more solos on the next one...that album was the one that got them signed, so I think that they were trying to just show their consistantly tight sound...

and, yeah, Brett is one of the best rock baritones on the radio right now...good range and a LOT of versatility...I LOVE his vocals with the Virgos and The Devine as well...