View Single Post
Old 09-17-2003, 12:52 PM   #1
mysacrifice411
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Sunday service or not?

What do you guys feel about actually going to an organized worship service on Sunday (or Saturday or whatever) ? I've noticed a lot of you have said that you believe in God, but you don't participate in organized religion or whatever. This is cool for you, and I respect your beliefs, but I'd like to hear some of the reasons why.

Me, personally, I believe we are saved by the grace of Christ, but only after we do all we can. It's kind of like giving a gift to a child, and hoping he does all he can to deserve it. How would you feel if the child was just ungrateful and went against everything you said, even after the gift was offered? I know God and Christ are merciful, but mercy can only go so far until justice steps in.

What I'm getting at is I think attending a service (a SPECIFIC service, to me) is not only working towards your salvation and eternal life, but also shows your faith and devotion to the Lord and how you put aside worldly things to "remember the Sabbath day, to keep it holy."

Thoughts? Thanks.
--Chevelle, "Don't Fake This"

"It feels so good to reunite,
Within yourself and within your mind.
Let's find peace there..."
--Creed, "My Sacrifice"