View Single Post
Old 12-06-2002, 03:59 AM   #10
souldancer
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Quote: Originally posted by Dogstar
I would rather err toward open government than dictatorial. In some small way it makes the people who run the branches and services we fund a little bit accountable to us.
Depends who the dictator is! J/K!!! Very eloquent DS..you should be a speechwriter! Yeah, an open government allows us to see the dark side and keeps those elected/appointed on their toes - thank goodness for auditors! (I think I am just too cynical from having worked for special districts and living in this state capitol)
And, Termontigirl, I think it's great that you wanted to share a broader picture of a complex issue. I didn;t read the article earlier and can;t access it now, but I just have problems (more cynicism) about 'information' - I guess it's a 'trust' issue I need to work out. What is the source? What is their intention? It's sad when complicated issues are broken down into short headlines and sound bytes. And psychologists can differ in their diagnoses and treatments. I still haven't resolved OJ Simpson and Anita Hill's cases!
I appreciate John's message of compassion for all involved! Thanks - John. Sometimes the catchy details and incidents oveshadow the reality that these are people's lives.