View Single Post
Old 01-24-2003, 09:46 PM   #9
krzycreedbabe
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Re: Food for Thought...

Quote: Originally posted by Amish Warlord
<b>Thomas Paine, who wrote "common Sense", which was very important in starting the revolutionary war, also did something else. &nbsp;Something, that may make many of you a little iffy. &nbsp;He wrote a book called "the age of reason", which critiques every religion. &nbsp;It's not for the faint of heart.. and let me say this. &nbsp;if you can read the entire book, think about it, and still be religious: &nbsp;more power to you. &nbsp;Nothing will ever change your beliefs. &nbsp;Now.. to prove that i'm not trolling.. i'll post this, a direct quote from the book:

"I do not mean by this declaration to condemn those who believe otherwise; they have the same right to their belief as I have to mine. But it is necessary to the happiness of man, that he be mentally faithful to himself. Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe."

Go to your library, check it out, give it a try. &nbsp;It's very interesting....

-James </b>

sounds interesting...maybe i will read it...how long?

www.evanescence.com - check em out!