View Single Post
Old 07-26-2004, 12:35 AM   #19
musiclover291
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Quote: (Originally Posted by Jooji_2) While there were some nice shots....what bothered me the most was that all the shots were close up....nothing showing the members in a full length shot. And the fact that at one point they point the camera at Kennedy AND directly into the sun... I've been told that the close up shots are a signature of the video director.

And yeah....though he told a DJ in Seattle he wouldn't be raising his arms....he wanted to....and he did once and almost did three other times from the start to the finish.

The video is okay...not great. Though I must say that Marshall was the only one that looks like he's having any fun. Its a performance video so you don't expect to read anything into it.....but then the song doesn't say alot to me either. I didn't particularly like the location. I mean it's a forest that has been leveled and shredded....I found it a kind of sad and depressing place.

And whats with what appears to be a mannikin laying in the debris? What is that supposed to mean? I heard others talking about it....but when I watched it a second time....I actually saw what they were talking about.
I agree with you I wanted to like it but after viewing it a few times I got the same feeling depressing. But I have to say the song is growing on me.

Last edited by musiclover291 : 07-26-2004 at 12:38 AM.