View Single Post
Old 02-20-2004, 12:29 AM   #193
Sincirr
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Contact:  Send a message via ICQ to Sincirr Send a message via MSN to Sincirr Send a message via Skype to Sincirr
Quote: (Originally Posted by american_bad_a$) yes, romans 5:8 is all well and good, but that doesn't really apply here. it matters, but that is not what we are talking about in this instance. read romans 1:20 to the end of that chapter. also, 1 corinthians 6:9-11. also, 1 timothy 1:8-11.

there is no excuse to be gay. it is forbidden. how can one read these passages, and still say it is okay to be gay? anyone got an answer for me?

yes, we are not supposed t ojudge in the way the christ will judge, but there is a big differenct in judging and pointing out someones sin. anyhow, when the end comes, and christ judges, we, the christians will have a part in juding the people as well.
Point is, at this point in time, U shouldnt be concerned whether it is ok or not ok to be gay. What U should be focusing on, is verse 11 of your 1 Corinthians 6:9-11 quote.

Rom 1:20 Talks specifically about the pagan practices of that time. I am finding it hard to point the finger with that one cos of that. Especially to people like Elton John's gay church, who are trying to get closer to God.

The 1 Tim quote is interesting, but says nothing specific about gays. And here is the rest that U didn't bother to read:

What your verses said....then:
12I thank Christ Jesus our Lord, who has given me strength, that he considered me faithful, appointing me to his service.

13Even though I was once a blasphemer and a persecutor and a violent man, I was shown mercy because I acted in ignorance and unbelief. 14The grace of our Lord was poured out on me abundantly, along with the faith and love that are in Christ Jesus.

15Here is a trustworthy saying that deserves full acceptance: Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners--of whom I am the worst. 16But for that very reason I was shown mercy so that in me, the worst of sinners, Christ Jesus might display his unlimited patience as an example for those who would believe on him and receive eternal life.

ROCK HARD!!!