Thread: Time To Vote
View Single Post
Old 06-07-2004, 10:58 AM   #21
multifast1
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Alter Bridge all the way for me. Not even close. I'll still follow Stapp's stuff and probably at least give it a good look when/if something actually comes out from him.. but I'm still skeptical of what he'll do solo.

I think the two are going to split the two major demographics they had as Creed. There's seems to be those who love them more from the MOP days and the harder, more "rock" vibe.. while a whole nother group picked up more on the inspirational or softer side with songs like WAWO and OLB.. basically the stuff that got play on all kinda of radio station formats. I mean they played OLB on at least 5 different stations here in Detroit. Talk about cross platform.

Sorry, I know I'm generalising a bit much but I do see a major devide in the fan bases. Actually I'd say Alter Bridge has a better chance of picking up some of the Stapp fans rather than vice versa because it sounds like they will have both hard rock and enough radio-friendly stuff as well... I can't see Stapp retaining too many of the fans that were into the heavier side of Creed, especially if he's collaborating with 7 Arelius (?sp), Tea Party and Kravitz. It's all just best guessing at this point though... I'll keep an open (well as open as it can get.. lol) mind until I actually hear it.