View Single Post
Old 03-22-2005, 11:12 PM   #1
revisfoot
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Maroon 5 Live at the Nokia Theatre in Grand Prairie, TX

My Review:

I usually am not able to really write a "review" of a concert, because I can never get the words together! But, I am going to try now.

This was not your usual M5 concert. Why? Because, six hours before the show, frontman Adam Levine FRACTURED HIS STERNUM. While any other band would have cancelled the show altogether, Levine decided to be a trooper and go ahead with the show anyways. Granted, he looked like Ozzy up there, not being able to move very much, but he could still sing the words VERY WELL. Maroon 5 are the best live band I've ever HEARD, hands down. They played a very short set, 11 songs total, with the last two sung by their drummer (who is currently out because of injuries). Ryan (the drummer) came out with a guitar around his neck and took control of the stage as the band did "Seven Nation Army" and "Highway to Hell" as the last two songs of the evening.
Now, some have complained of the short set, and said that it was a total letdown. I disagree. The Donna's, the opening band of the evening, made it worth the $30 all by themselves. And, M5, despite the short set, did very nicely. During "Highway to Hell", guitarist Jimmy Valentine jumped off the stage and played the guitar solo while running around the theatre. Very sweet.
After the show, I got to meet the Donna's, got my CD autographed by them, and got my picture taken w/ their guitarist. She was very nice, very lovely. Loved them all. I didn't get to meet my Maroon 5 boys, but, oh well, there's always next time!!

Last edited by revisfoot : 03-24-2005 at 10:44 AM. Reason: spelling error