View Single Post
Old 02-23-2005, 03:43 AM   #4
aussiecreeder
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Quote: (Originally Posted by revisfoot) Okay, this is how it was with me --
My parents: super open with stuff like this. They basically told me, when I was 16, "Okay, look, you're gonna have sex. We could tell you 'no, it's bad and it hurts,' but you're going to do it anyways. So, here, here's a box of Trojan's. IF you have sex, PLEASE, remember to wrap your whacker. It's for your own good. And, if you need more and are too embarrassed to buy them yourself, just tell us, we'll buy them for you."

see this is where i'm a bit torn, in one way your parents are being very responsible cause they don't want you getting some girl knocked up at 16 or getting some terrible std. on the other hand perhaps it encourages what they they don't want you to do. don't get me wrong i'm no prude and probably think about it as the next guy ( ) but when it becomes as meaningless as it is nowadays i get concerned (and i don't think too many 16 year old guys attach too much meaning to the act). "hooking up" is as common as buying a drink, i guess i'm a traditionalist in that it should really only be happening in very committed relationships with no outside partners whatsoever.

on the other hand not everyone's values are like that and so if safe sex is not taught in schools then there are be a lot more teenage pregancies and people with grosteque diseases on their genitals.
Didn’t have a life.
Didn’t have a life.
But surely saved one.
Alright, now it’s time for us to let you go.

Tool
Wings for Marie