View Single Post
Old 01-02-2003, 12:06 PM   #12
jgaull
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
First of all let me say that I'm a Creed fan. Yes a true Creed fan. I own all their albums, listen to them all the time, and attend most of the concerts in Chicago. I will continue to be a Creed fan even after the Chicago show.

But, am I missing something here? I didn't go to the concert but I think the people that went have a right to be mad. Why is everyone saying "They had one bad night" ... "They're only human" ... "They can't perform their best every night"

From talking to people that actually went to the show, it's apparent to me that Scott Stapp was pretty drunk. Can I safely say that without everyone accusing me of starting rumors? I've never gone to work drunk. I'm pretty sure if I did, I'd be fired on the spot. Do you guys realize that putting on concerts is a big part of their job? It's the part of their job where they sell themselves to their customers. If you're a salesman and you attend a big conference in another city, should you be able to get drunk because you're having problems at home? Wouldn't that be frowned upon because it will make you and your company look bad? Doesn't Scott not only represent himself out there, but all the people that work hard to make Creed what they are? Don't they have a right to expect him to do his best out there? Didn't they say in the Behind the Music special that they used to do shots of Jaeger before the show but then they realized that they sounded bad so they stopped?

About them having a tough schedule. I agree it is a very aggressive schedule that would wear on anyone. Did the band get pressured into putting on two more shows? I don't know. Could Scott have said that with his family problems and health problems, it wouldn't be possible to add two more shows? I would think so.

I don't think we should make excuses for Scott. Can we all just admit that he made a huge mistake and that he should do something to redeem himself?