Thread: Daily Bread
View Single Post
Old 04-14-2012, 08:38 AM   #2969
Sasa
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Re: Daily Bread

Horses....

I was on my home a few days ago when I saw this really beautiful black horse running outside the fence. There were others, but they were on the inside looking at him intensely, wondering probably, HOW DID HE DO THAT?

I don't know how he got out, but he was finally free. Do you know what he was doing? Trying to get back in!

He had been inside the fence so long that he wanted back in, and couldn't figure out how to get in there with the rest of them. He was running up and down the boundaries of the fence looking for a way in.

It reminds me of us when we finally escape the box, we peak out...get a glimpse, play a moment...and then get back in there. I'm in the box, I'm out of the box....In the Box...Out of the Box.

I suppose its because we are conditioned to stay in the box. And getting used to the outside takes time. The beauty of it is: once we find the way out, the path is visible always ...so moving forward in our own time is all that is left to do.

I think finding others on the outside as well...Helps. Had there been a group of other horses to play with, He probably would have wondered off with them into the free pastures. He didn't want to be on the outside alone.

Reminds me of this excerpt I once read about this horse that was beaten and tamed and put into a fence. He had lost all his fight, all his happiness, his freedom had been stolen from him..so he thought.

As he lay there in a pool of his own tears on the inside of that fence, bleeding from the wounds of those hateful men. He was just about to loose hope when he heard a voice that came from somewhere...and felt a gentle hand touch his face..and the voice said, "Open your eyes" as he did his tears in the pool of water below him transformed into the words, "You are freedom and freedom is you." With renewed strength he got up and ran through the fence as if it was invisible..in clear sight of all who watched. They were all STUNNED and in DISBELIEF of what they had just witnessed. They still had his blood on their hands...

Couldn't hold him down....

It was a nice story with a beautiful ending/beginning.

Last edited by Sasa : 04-14-2012 at 08:57 AM.