Thread: Scared
View Single Post
Old 12-06-2002, 10:52 AM   #74
shunammite
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
I had a friend from Creednet, Cynt4, her husband was sent to my town for medical treatment, we have a special burn center here but it also handles amputees and he had bad diabetes, he had a toe amputated, and then his foot, and then he died. She couldn't visit him initially, he had no one here, I visited him several times until she was able to be here.

We embraced and cried in her hotel room the day he died.

And over his bed in intensive care as he was dying.

She was 41, I'm 51. I have a mentally ill 23 yr old son, "I've seen the wicked fruit of your vine destroy the man who lacks a strong mind", it was fear of "hell" that pushed him over the edge, that lyric brought me to Creed, along with my 17 yr old who went MAD for them at about 12. It took me a while to "get it" though.

I lost touch with Cynt though, because she fell under the sway of John Edwards after her husband's death and I just think that is um empty. But she does send me a note now and then. We really had nothing in common except a mutual love for Creed and a sense that we were both hurting human beings.

I also have a close friend, a 21 yr old boy from Ok, via Creednet, much like my son but handling it much better, we have exchanged many emails/gifts/LENGTHY aim convos.

I posted over 10,000 times at Creednet, many times 3 pages, few can touch me for "longwinded". But it took a LOT OF TALKING to get all the pain out. Or to transform it into something usable.

I wonder if Stapp will be better off not touring. I guess so, but he needs useful occupation also. I hope he knows how to give himself therapy, the internet is WONDERFUL for that. So is listening to Creed. And Metallica. And AIC. My three faves.

And I didn't listen to ANY ROCK for twenty years, until about 5 years ago! But now I listen to all sorts of things, and read all sorts of things also, with "new eyes". It is true, children DO give you a new set of eyes to view the world, but only by gouging out your old ones, it hurts like hell!

And I didn't exactly get to look into Stapp's eyes, but I was "six feet from the edge" OF THE CATWALK IN ATLANTA LAST JAN! With my 17 yr old! We were in HEAVEN! He is a beautiful man, but I didn't even find him ATTRACTIVE until I understood his lyrics! Strange but true.