View Single Post
Old 12-06-2002, 10:39 AM   #73
TeriB19
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Quote: Originally posted by shunammite
<b>I just love your signature Teri.
I have a hard time looking people in the eye.
I know people who have trained/forced themselves to do it, but I don't have that kind of self control.
But I would like to "meet people", to really be in touch with them.
The internet has been such a godsend to me, you can touch people without the interference of outward appearance.
</b>

Shunammite, once you've looked into Scott Stapp's eyes, you'll never have trouble looking into them again. We locked eyes at the Ft. Wayne show and it was like nothing else. He and Dogstar had a staring contest that I thought would go on the entire show!!

But I understand what you mean about meeting people without the interference of outward appearance. It seems much safer to type words into a computer and have a conversation that way. But one thing I found funny, I always had been trained through the media I suppose, that the internet was a place full of grotesque disgusting personalities all lurking in the shadows just waiting to pounce on some poor innocent schlep. I was completely changed by my visit to Ft. Wayne where I had the pleasure of meeting up with Souldancer, Luvscott4ever and Dogstar from this bb. We met there, saw Creed together and formed a really true lasting friendship that I hope will last many many years. Funny, I was never nervous for even a moment about traveling to another city and meeting 3 strangers I met on the internet because through posting on this bb, PM'ing and emailing these women, I felt as if we had come to know each other very well.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that even if you never get the opportunity to meet people face to face, this is a great outlet to find friendships and companionships through a common love. In this instance, it's our common love for Creed that has brought us together.

(You'll soon find that I'm a bit long-winded when trying to be philosophical! )

SP: Actually, we are setting that up.

MT: It was in your contract when you signed up with us.