View Single Post
Old 09-25-2003, 08:33 PM   #39
Kim V.
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Thanks, Torn Signs. I know a church isn't just a building, we who follow the Lord are the church. I just meant that you can worship God anywhere, not just at a certain building with the same congregation, etc. You can be alone in your room and worship and praise Him and have relationship with Him; some would say that is better for them, personally, because they can just be themselves with God, not following a group, doing what the group thinks is the "right way" to worship, pray, etc. That is truly how to experience God anyway, when it's just you and Him, alone, you KNOW He's there, you hear Him and speak to Him for yourself, not so others hear how you pray, etc.:

As far as religion vs. spirituality, I think I stated that in the preceding paragraph! Even some of the best churches can get to seem "religious" because they tell you how you should or shouldn't do things, do the same things over and over again (like you worded it tradition) and lose sight of the chance to truly experience God, not letting some issues just be between you and God (that, to me, is real spirituality, knowing what God wants for me, what God tells me is right or wrong, etc.) I am human, I sin, I talk to the Lord about it and ask Him to forgive me. No condemnation here! He loves me unconditionally, no matter what. By the way, I do attend church just about every Sunday, I read the bible, etc. But I try very hard not to let "religion" take over, and let the Holy Spirit, not others in the congregation, tell me what to do and how to do it. That to me, is spirituality - close relationship with the Lord. Sorry so long...... Guess when I have a point to make, I can be a little longwinded like Stapp:P

If there's one thing I hope I showed you... Just Give Love To All

Next Time I See This Face, I'll Say I Choose To Live For Always....So Won't You Come Inside and Never Go Away

There's Still Time...All That Has Been Devastated Can Be Recreated.....Realize, We Pick Up The Broken Pieces Of Our Lives, Giving Ourselves to Each Other, to Rest Our Head On