Thread: AB III leaked
View Single Post
Old 10-02-2010, 07:51 PM   #23
Inspired
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Re: AB III leaked

As I felt with the other albums a few of the songs are really good, better than anything else that I'm aware of (I'm not really looking very hard for other things) but the rest of the songs are unremarkable and some of them are even pop and sappy (I couldn't even make it through Ghosts of Days Gone By or Breathe Again.

I almost wish the whole thing would suck because it annoys me to know that they are capable of creating great songs and don't. Also, the few great songs keep me a fan and maybe I should just accept that I don't like the direction they've chosen to go in and find other bands.

It still feels like they are forcing mainstream, soft rock songs on there and I had hoped that with Creed back together, and Tremonti stating that Creed was the more commercial band, they would stop doing that. They also seem to have parts of songs that are heavy like the intro, bridge and sometimes verse and then they insert a generic sounding hooky, light chorus in which makes it sound like they are either trying to make a song sound commercial or trying to make a commercial song sound heavy. Either way it prevents the song from flowing. I wonder if this is an effect of being successful. There were only two songs on My Own Prison that were pop-like at the end. The rest of the album, song after song was good, heave and substantial. I really miss that.