Thread: Black music
View Single Post
Old 01-28-2004, 12:11 AM   #58
Sincirr
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Contact:  Send a message via ICQ to Sincirr Send a message via MSN to Sincirr Send a message via Skype to Sincirr
In my country, Aboriginees are given more money on welfare if they tick the: "Are you an aboriginee or Torris Strait Islander?" box on their form. It's caused alot of controversy amongst Australia's people.

Some believe that it is so the government can invoke jealousy amongst the rest of the population towards the Aboriginies because they get more money.

Personally, I think money is just a payoff to keep their mouths shut. We invaded their way of life around 200 years ago and treated them like s**T. We even pulled apart their families because we thought that we could do a better job raising their children. And who knows how many were killed because we were ignorant. Now I didnt do anything personally, but as a Christian, I feel such a grief and discust for our past; what we have done, and are continuing to do. I'm a little bit of an activist in this area, cos it really makes me mad.

There are some really angry Aboriginies here, but many are such beautiful and gracious people its just awful that they have this history of abuse behind them and are still denied an official apology from the government. So they get more money to keep them quiet. Makes me mad.

I was firstly brought up in a really cool area. There were so many different races, I was what we call a half cast and I didnt get hassled. I never once had to ask my mother why someone's skin was different to mine cos that's just how it was. I'm grateful for that.

ROCK HARD!!!