Thread: Post for Peace
View Single Post
Old 11-15-2002, 05:11 AM   #2
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
I think to achieve peace in the world, we all have to work on achieving peace within ourselves. It's not an easy journey, especially with all the outside influences trying to dictate to us what peace inside us really is. Most of it has nothing to do with what really matters.

I get so angry sometimes at what is shoved down our throats regarding peace and happiness. All those people trolling for our dollars try to tell us material possessions and conveniences will bring us peace. NOT. It's about people, not things. It's a simple concept but one that few in this country, IMHO, are willing to accept.

Peace for me means being true to myself and honest about who I am in this world, being able to look in the mirror and say I haven't sold out. I couldn't live with myself if I ever did what I consider selling out. I refuse to be categorized or pigeonholed and will never back down from what I think is real. Finding peace starts inside yourself. You can't be good to others until you treat yourself with respect and dignity. It grows from the inside out.

I'm probably not making much sense. Been a very long day and I'm getting tired.