View Single Post
Old 09-19-2009, 02:44 PM   #9
josha31042
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Re: CREEDFEED CONTEST #2 - Tell Us Why You Love Creed!

I first started really getting into music back in 2000 and 2001.
Until then, I was heavily sheltered as far as music was concerned, and was forced to listen to nothing but country ballads as my parents and I traveled to wherever we happened to be going. It was sickening. I didn't care much for music at all, except for my weekly radio treat, in the form of "Mandatory Metallica" on Q106. My step brother had introduced me to that station one of the few times that we were riding together. I started hearing bands like Nirvana, Pearl Jam, and Alice in Chains...and I immediately fell in love with the three.

I had heard of Creed, but I still hadn't been exposed to alot of their music yet.
I caught songs like "Higher" and "With Arms Wide Open" on the radio, and I was really starting to get pulled into them. At the time, however, they were still just another great rock band running through my ears once or twice a day.

Then, one night, while hanging out at a friend's place, I caught the premiere of Creed's "One Last Breath" music video on MTV. I had heard a couple of their songs in the past, but never had one caught my attention like this one.
All I was doing from the moment Tremonti's fingers started picking, was staring wide-eyed into the screen, and listening to that mind blowing guitar riff. That guitar riff is one of the best riffs of all time, in my opinion. Something about it just jumped out at me.

I used to have to sleep on the floor of an apartment my parents had gotten in Albany, GA. My dad was working out of town, and we were staying with him.
At times, there would be absolutely nothing for me to do...
So, I just chilled on the floor of the apartment's bedroom, and listened to the radio.

Every now and then, I'd finally hear what I was waiting for.
It was during that time that the song "My Own Prison" really got to me.
The dj at that radio station would keep it in heavy rotation, and I would lay there all day long waiting for it to play.
This was around the time Weathered was about to drop, and songs like "One Last Breath" and "My Sacrifice" started hitting radio.
The day that album got released, I ran out and bought my copy as soon as I could.

Anyway, I've been hooked on Creed ever since.

They were the first band I decided to spend money on. Other bands like Staind, Default, Nickelback, Five For Fighting, 3 Doors Down, RHCP, and Dave Matthews started releasing some popular songs around the same time. This persuaded me to delve into the depths of 90's alternative and grunge/post grunge. Which, in turn, persuaded me to experiment with thrash metal, arena rock, classic rock, and the like.
From Creed's one CD, my collection has grown to be quite vast.
And yes, I paid for every single one of them.
Now, I listen to everything from the 60's, to today. And I look forward to tomorrow. (But now I don't listen to a damn bit of country. )

I credit Creed for turning me on to music I can jam to, and getting me into some of the best bands in music history. It could have been any band, but they came along at just the right moment for me.