Thread: Legalize Drugs?
View Single Post
Old 10-03-2002, 10:48 AM   #26
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Ok, I think I see where you are coming from, but why must our existence or experiences on this earth simply be bearable? Don't get me wrong, I thoroughly take pleasure in my non-material experiences, too: A light summer breeze, warm sunshine, a beautiful blue sky, the sounds of the ocean, a restful nap, these bring me great joy, and as you mentioned, each other. Loving others, IMHO, is the greatest joy of them all.
Are you saying we are here basically to suffer and just survive? Again, please forgive me if this sounds like a dumb question. I'm just curious about your perspective because it's rare in these times.

A little off topic here, but I still can't get my family to stop buying me things, even though I have told them outright that while I appreciate their thoughts, I have no more room in my life for material gifts. I have tried to get them to donate to chariities instead, but so far, I have not been successful. The worst is Christmas, IMHO. I really wish we all could stop with the maniacal spending. My idea of a perfect Christmas is to get together with the people I love, have a great meal with them and just enjoy each other's company, maybe sing some Christmas carols and just hang out.