View Single Post
Old 11-18-2003, 07:04 PM   #1
velocityidp
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
I've been over at CreedPit quite a lot. Multiple sources have said that the band members were very angry at Stapp for his behaviour during the infamous Chicago show. As you may recall, I was at that show and I could tell by Marks/Flips body language that they were 1) very embarrassed and 2) very angry at Stapp.

Then, think of what the band thought of Stapp when he contacted the Orlando reporter and went on national TV saying "it was just a normal show" and that "I was just expressing myself." Heck, if you thought some of us Chicago fans were floored (and sickened) by that nonesense, think of how the other band members must have felt!

So far as I can reason, I think the Chicago incident was the beginning of the end for Creed. I'm sorry, but you just can't treat fans that way -- and then lie about it -- and expect everyone to support you in the end. Of course, there are other factors involved that we know nothing of, but it's pretty clear to me that Chicago was a major event that has brought us to where we are.

The Creed breakup seems to be less rumor and more reality. It's really sad... despite my dissapointment with the direction they took w/ Weathered, Creed has created fantastic music. I can only hope that they are able to patch things up in the near future and that a new, better, heavier Creed will result. Will it happen? Who knows, but from what I hear it would probably require Scott to suck it up at little bit, admit his faults, release some of that pride and let the other members have greater control over the band's sound.

In any case, it's a sad, sad day... but not totally unexpected <sniff>

(these are all just my observations/theories. Take from them what you will.)
By the words of men who have no ground

Can't sleep beneath the trees of wisdom
When your axe has cut the roots that feed them
Forked tongues in bitter mouths
Can drive a man to bleed from inside out

- "What If", Creed