View Single Post
Old 04-25-2006, 04:10 PM   #38
Chase
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Re: my top ten bands..

Quote: (Originally Posted by Robin101) I really couldn't think where else to put this comment. With a few mentions of Coldplay I decided to put it here.

I can't believe Chris 'Coldplay' Matin and his boring, miserable wife (they're made for each other!!) called their newborn child, wait for it.......Moses.

I can't help but say his name and have a wry chuckle...Moses Martin.

I think that Coldplay's music is progessival getting worse... however, that doesn't diminish the fact that Chris Martin is a good musician. "Parachutes," in my opinion, is a borderline masterpiece. I think that it's one of the best debut albums in the history of British rock. Right up there with the Beatles, with the Kinks, the Rolling Stones, the Who, Oasis, and a litany of other amazing artists.

But like I said before... the current wave of British bands are just way better than a great deal of newer American bands, simply put. Don't get me wrong, American rock isn't dead... we still have The Strokes, Eagles of Death Metal, The Redwalls... but as a whole, the music scene out here is plagued with unoriginal emo/pop punk bands, horrible screamo/hardcore bands, and bands from the Deep South who blatantly rip off Nirvana.

I've said it before, and I'll say it again... newer British/Irish bands like Arctic Monkeys, The Libertines/Babyshambles, Kasabian, Razorlight, The Futureheads, Maximo Park, The Darkness, Muse, Nine Black Alps, The Subways, Bloc Party, Snow Patrol, The Zutons, Editors, The Dead 60s, and Hard-Fi are pulling rock out of the gutter. Some of them are carrying the torch that's been passed down from Oasis, The Verve, Blur, Radiohead, and even Coldplay to an extent.