Thread: Loss Of Peace
View Single Post
Old 01-03-2004, 01:04 PM   #56
Sheila63
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Well, I'm not sure how to classify this story but I know it was a significant spiritual experience for me. It happened on a Saturday or Sunday morning back in December of 2001. The house was quiet, my sister that I live with was still asleep and I woke up and could tell just by looking out the window briefly that the sunrise was going to be beautiful. So I went out to the living room to get a better view. I've always loved sunrises. It was one of the most beautiful sunrises I had seen in a long time. The sky was filled with colors of blues, purples and pinks and everything was so peaceful and quiet. The only thing I noticed other than the beautiful sky was a few birds flying nearby and I was wishing I could be up there with them to enjoy the view even more. That morning just filled me with such a feeling of gratitude for the beauty of the world and all that God gives us. I just sat there and cried. Not because I was sad but because I was overwhelmed with being so thankful to see and experience that beauty. My heart just overflowed with gratitude. As I sit hear remembering that morning, tears still come to my eyes. I'll never forget that wonderful December morning.

Relearn Love